VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I have a DVI and VGA connector, also HDMI on the MB. The two ACER LCD has DVI and VGA but don't work with DVI connectors/cable.
    Any idea what needs to be done or how to set it up?
    The graphics card don't see the DVI monitor.

I tested the monitors with another card with two DVI and it works with a VGA conversion.
    Appreaciate your assistance
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Thread moved,check to see if there is a button on the monitor to switch from vga to dvi.
    I think,therefore i am a hamster.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Thanks.. the monitor has a selection from Analog to digital, but don't like the digital selection. It's not the right signal.
    Maybe the graphics card or the cable?
    Quote Quote  
  4. I am sure it is the monitor. I have a acer S230HL monitor and it works fine with VGA, but the DVI has gone south. Not even a year old. I changed the cords and nothing but sure enough, it worked hooked up to my Visio tv. The display converter or something rather has gone bad. Before finding this out, I have updated my BIOS, I have reinstalled windows 7, and reinstalled video drivers and none of that helped. I laughed when ever I seen someone comment on going into the BIOS to set video display to HDMI/DVI really? and these are computer geniuses on the internet.
    Quote Quote  
  5. One monitor, no signal, maybe monitor broken, but two monitors, neither working using DVI?

Not that I have an answer, but given you have two monitors of the same brand and neither work using DVI, it seems more like it'd be a communication problem to me.
    Quote Quote