VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hello,

I am using VOB2MPG Pro and have encountered a number of challenges of which I would like to focus on one initially.

the primary challenge is Title Chapters being mixed up when converting VOBs to MPG.

My example. I have converted my Star Trek collection so that I can play them from my media player and not risk damaging the DVD's. This was successful for all except the last one. Film 11 - Star Trek which is the latest one. The conversion of this one resulted in the chapters being all jumbled up and out of sequence.

Can anyone offer advice on how I might resolve this problem?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Are you sure about this? If it is indeed like you describe, then there will be a noticeable pause between each chapter transitition, although this might not be too noticeable if the chapter breaks are at major scene changes.

However, if this is really the way it is, then maybe rip all the chapters individually to .mpg, then merge them back into the proper order.
    ICBM target coordinates:
    26° 14' 10.16"N -- 80° 16' 0.91"W
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Absolutely positive.

The film sequences are discontinuous and there is a large black block where there is no content within the mpg file. The end credits are located about 2/3 of the way through, etc. The file size reports 2:30 hrs but the film is only 122 minutes long (2 hrs 2 mins)

I really would not like to have to extract each chapter and then merge all the chapters into one mpg file.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    What did you rip the disc with?
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I Ripped the DVD with DVDDecrypter.

The movie plays perfectly on my PC.

Discovered that VOB2MPG Pro reports that there are 99 titles on the DVD with a total capacity of over 30Gb. Must be some sort of Sector Error protection system.

So - I tried playing the content using Media Player Classic instead of PowerDVD and found that I was able to identify the specific title that was being played. Matched that with the actual reported playing time and found the correct vobset.

I then used VOB2MPG Pro to extract the mpg from the identified title (21) making sure to select English rather than relying on the default as the default is often wrong.

When played after extraction, the chapters were all correct and the mpg length was correct, everything worked.

Talk about a convoluted path to success.

Please let me know if there is a better more automated method.

Also your opinion of the above method is eagerly sought.
    Quote Quote