VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hello everyone.

Im quite a newbie to DVD-reauthoring and I think I need your help. I have ripped a DVD, which I need to replace the audio with a reliable source. I have tried it with Vobblanker, which I have heard is the standard for doing that, but in every tutortial I have found, all that was shown was how to rip the video to a .m2v file, which doesnt get me any further.

When I have extracted the mute video file, I have to 1) merge it with the audio source and 2) I have to replace the episode that contains the new audio (its a dvd of a tv series, with 4 or 5 episodes on the DVD) with the old version.

Thanks in advance for help.
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    pgcdemux to extract to m2v and ac3/dts/pcm
    muxman to reauthor the m2v with the new audio
    vobblanker to replace the new authored dvd with the old dvd

See https://forum.videohelp.com/threads/277950-How-to-add-new-subtitles-to-an-existing-DVD , read method 2 and skip the subtitle creator part.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    The key thing to remember is(as Baldrick has hinted to)....you cannot do it to a "VOB".....you will be working with the entire DVD.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Thank you. The thought of "working with the whole DVD" came into my mind pretty quickly when I researched further. While playing around with IFOEdit, I managed to replace the audio clip with the better one. It is working perfectly, but I would like to have the original menus from the retail DVD in it. I have read, that VOBBlanker is abled to do so, but its a bit too technical for me yet.

The way I understand, the menus itself are VOBs with a .ifo to enable the navigation system. My question now is, how am I supposed to transfer the menu? I could easily extract the menu as a .m2v, but that only gets me so far, because I still have to implement the navigation features, the .ifo. How can I link the edited multiplexed video and audio streams with the retail menu?

IFOEdit has an option called "Reauthor" or something similar. I can only add one title, and I have not found out how to add more to the selection.

And again, thank you for your patience with a newbie.
    Quote Quote  
  5. You could have saved yourself a lot of writing by just reading the guide to which Baldrick linked. You remux the video with the new audio (along with the chapters and subs, if any) using Muxman (or IFOEdit, which isn't nearly as good). At that point you have a little menuless DVD of the main movie or whatever it is. Then you do the VobBlanker step by opening the original DVD and using the 'Replace' button to replace the old video and old old audio with the new video which has the new audio. VobBlanker isn't complex at all.

Skip down to 'Method 2' of the guide, and then further down to '(Optional) Add back the original menus'.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Thank you for your answer. I have done as you and the guide told me and used Muxman to multiplex the streams. Since I have 5 video streams, I put them into segments, added the .m2v and the .ac3 data as well as the celltime.txt that PCGDemux creates when demuxxing the video stream from the dvd. But, here is the problem, Muxman exports only the first Segment into a DVD-structure. The other segments are not being output, at least not in the specified directory. I tried to replace the resulting VTS_01_0.IFO from MuxMan with the VTS on the original DVD, like it is adviced in the mentioned tutorial.

The result is an error message:
    Version 2.1.3.0. Starting new process:

=========== STARTING VTS_01 ====================
    VTS 01: Opening IFO
    VTS 01: Processing VOB (Menus)
    Menu does not exist, continuing
    --------------MENU VOB PREPARING PHASE-
    --------------MENU VOB WRITING PHASE STARTED-
    VTS 01: Menu final size= 0. Deleting menu.
    --------------MENU VOB WRITING FINISHED-
    VTS 01: Cell data array filled (Menus)
    VTS 01: Processing IFO (Menu)
    Looping into Menu PGCs and cells
    VTSM_C_ADT table has been deleted
    VTSM_VOBU_ADMAP table has been deleted
    Clearing MENU streams attributes
    VTS 01: Processing VOB (Titles)
    --------------TITLE VOB PREPARING PHASE-
    VTS 01: Keeping PGC 01
    --------------TITLE VOB WRITING PHASE STARTED-
    VTS 01: Keeping Cell VID/CID: 01/01 --> 01/01
    --------------TITLE VOB WRITING FINISHED-
    VTS 01: Cell data array filled (Titles)
    VTS 01: Processing IFO (Titles)
    Looping into Title PGCs and cells
    Processing TMPATI table
    NOTE: PGC: 1 is too short. No entries in TMAPTI are created
    Added 0 entries in TMAPTI of PGC 1
    Generated a TMAPTI table with same # of sectors than original
    Building VTS_C_ADT table
    Filling VTS_VOBU_ADMAP table
    VTS 01: Processing IFO (Ending and writting)
    =========== VTS_01 FINISHED =====================

=========== STARTING VTS_02 ====================
    VTS 02: Opening IFO
    VTS 02: Processing VOB (Menus)
    VTS 02: Menu final size= 0. Deleting menu.
    VTS 02: Cell data array filled (Menus)
    VTS 02: Processing IFO (Menu)
    VTS 02: Processing VOB (Titles)
    VTS 02: Keeping PGC 01
    VTS 02: Replacing PGC 02 by C:\Users\Maddin\Desktop\DVD\Output\VIDEO_TS\VTS_01 _0.IFO
    Cells to be replaced =0.
    Cells in replacing VOB=6
    Error: Cell not found

PostCommands changed into Precommands in 0 PGCs of a total of 0

Finished with ERROR. Process Aborted and not completedVersion 2.1.3.0. Starting new process:

VTS 01: Processing VOB (Menus)
    VTS 01: Menu final size= 0. Deleting menu.
    VTS 01: Cell data array filled (Menus)
    VTS 01: Processing IFO (Menu)
    Processing TMPATI table
    Building VTS_C_ADT table

VTS 02: Processing VOB (Menus)
    VTS 02: Menu final size= 0. Deleting menu.
    VTS 02: Cell data array filled (Menus)
    VTS 02: Processing IFO (Menu)
    VTS 02: Replacing PGC 02 by C:\Users\Maddin\Desktop\DVD\Output\VTS_01_0.IFO
    Cells to be replaced =0.
    Cells in replacing VOB=1

Finished with ERROR. Process Aborted and not completedVersion 2.1.3.0. Starting new process:

Copying VTSM_C_ADT table
    Copying VTSM_VOBU_ADMAP table
    Processing TMPATI table
    Building VTS_C_ADT table

Copying VTSM_C_ADT table
    Copying VTSM_VOBU_ADMAP table
    VTS 02: Replacing PGC 02 by C:\Users\Maddin\Desktop\DVD\Output\VTS_01_0.IFO
    Cells to be replaced =0.
    Cells in replacing VOB=1

Finished with ERROR. Process Aborted and not completed

I dont know, if thats important, but the very first PCG contains of all the other PCGs/Episode summed up in it. I dont know if that is unusual or if that helps you with helping me, but I think I should mention it. If anything is unclear, please tell me.

Again, thank you for your help.
    Quote Quote  
  7. You're a little unclear when you say,"Since I have 5 video streams, I put them into segments, added the .m2v and the .ac3 data as well as the celltime.txt that PCGDemux creates when demuxxing the video stream from the dvd." Do something so we can understand. Open the original DVD in VobBlanker. Highlight the VTS that contains these 5 video streams so they appear in the lower part. Then take a picture and upload it here. Once we can understand how this DVD is structured, we can then offer more informed advice.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Im sorry for being unclear, but Im quite new to this thing and I just dont have the terminology yet. I have the screenshot of VOBblanker loading the main .ifo of the original DVD attached.

Edit: what I tried to say was: I open up Muxman, select the video and the audio stream as well as the CellTime.txt from PCGDemux and click that button beside the selection box that reads "add". Because the standard names are "Segment_?" I gave you the exact wording in order to avoid confusion. Really worked well, I guess.
    Image Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Structure.png
Views:	316
Size:	123.3 KB
ID:	8812  

Last edited by Flugplatz89; 25th Sep 2011 at 05:17.
    Quote Quote  
  9. OK, as I suspected, the whole thing is in a single PGC/Title. Therefore, to have "put them into segments" was a mistake. Demux the whole thing - all 1 Hour 55 Minutes and 19 seconds - into a single file of M2V, AC3 audio, celltimes.txt and subs (if any). Don't touch the menus (the VIDEO_TS.VOB). Remux with Muxman adding in the M2V, your new audio (for the complete nearly 2 hour long title), the subs, the celltimes.txt, and then use that when replacing. Replace only that first title, the one that's 6386 MB, and leave the rest alone. You can't replace the individual episodes, but only the complete PGC which comprises all of the episodes together.

If you were to highlight that first PGC in the bottom window and then hit 'Cells' to the right, you'll be taken to a new screen and you can replace the individual cells (chapters) there, but since there are 32 of them, I very much doubt you'll want to do that.
    Quote Quote  
  10. I have demultiplexed the Video and the audio as I was told and just cut the audio from one episode (as a test for a/v delay) into the ~2h audio stream. It works perfect, but Muxman creates a warning/error message in the end while working on Scene 31. I used the celltime.txt which PCGDemus created when it demultiplexed the entire PGC.

I think this is due to the fact that the cell-counter of the epidodes the VTS_02_* dont add up to the ~2h long PGC cell counter.
    Image Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Error.png
Views:	755
Size:	19.8 KB
ID:	8813  

Quote Quote  
  11. Right. Open the celltimes.txt and either completely remove the last line or take that last line and subtract about 40 from it.

Doing the former will generate a warning from VobBlanker and it'll create a new cell to replace the removed one. Doing the latter results in a last cell a little over a second earlier than before. Either way works.

As for checking for a delay, if you checked the A/V Delay in PGCDemux and found none, then at least the first episode should be in synch. There's a chance the later episodes might go out of synch.
    Quote Quote  
  12. I have deleted the last line, but the error still occurs. I now have removed the last line od the already edited file as well, so it lacks the 2 last lines from the original one. It is multiplexing right now, and I will report the results.
    Quote Quote  
  13. If you open the original celltimes.txt and count up the number of lines, aren't there 31 of them? The first cell (chapter) is at zero and isn't included.

If there are more, then something else is at work. Check those last two lines. Are the numbers very close to each other (like within 20 or 30)? Maybe post or upload that celltimes.txt. Also check the log for the total number of frames.
    Quote Quote  
  14. In my last step I have deleted the 31st line. While demuxing, I have checked "include end-time" or something like that. Was that wrong/unwise?
    Quote Quote  
  15. Hehe, you don't want the end time.
    Quote Quote  
  16. Check the LogFile.txt that PGCDemux gives to you. There's a line in it with the total number of frames. Here's one from a movie I'm working on:

Total Number of Frames=260250

The last line(s) in the Celltimes.txt have to be at least about 40 frames less than that number.
    Quote Quote  
  17. Kind Sir, I have finally made it. Thank you for your great support.
    Quote Quote  
  18. Whew! I was getting worried. Good going! The next one (if there is a next one) will be easier.
    Quote Quote  
  19. There surely are next ones...that show Im editing has 6 seasons with 17 dvds. So yeah, quite a lot of work.
    Quote Quote