VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I'm a big fan of TMPGEnc software and back in the day I used to use TMPGEnc Plus all the time for all my video conversions and joining video files.

Lately I have been converting alot of AVI files to DVD format which have worked very well, but their lays a question which someoneo might be able to help me figure it out properly.

My current method of going from an AVI to DVD is the following;

I open the AVi file in TMPGEnc Xpress and convert the file to an compliant dvd standard format in .MPG, I then open TMGEnc Authoring Works 4 and open the MPG to author it to DVD file structure. My question is, would it be possible to exclude TMPGEnc Xpress altogether and simply use TMPGEnc Authoring Works 4 to open the AVI file and encode it to DVD file structure directly?

I've done it before, and it saves me about 8 minutes in processing time and just wanted to know if im doing basic converting to DVD will it affect the quality of the avi whatsoever? Can i just simply use it and avoid xpress 4 as the middle man? thanks
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Yep, you can use tmpgenc authoring works directly. It uses the same encoder as in tmpgenc xpress.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Thanks for the reply Baldrick, but I forgot to mention that when attempting to go through TMPGEnc Authoring Works directly their seems to be an audio delay, where-as when using the TMPG Xpress and then Authoring works it does it perfectly fine.

I think that was what caused me to keep using the TMPGenc Xpress all this time because now that I remember correctly it causes an out of sync issue, any ideas??

Thanks
    Quote Quote