VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I have a stand alone DVD/CD player in my home theater. I like to play CD in "shuffle" mode so it's not in the order the CD comes in. I put the 4 CD's on one CD in MP3 format. I found my DVD/CD Player doesn't Shuffle MP3 Discs.
    The only way I can think of is to put the 4 CD's in CD format on a DVD. This way it would be in the format that does play in shuffle mode.

Is this possible to do?

Thank you,

Chris.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    CD format isn't allowed on DVD discs. I don't know of any program that will let you do that. I would try this on a rewritable DVD first, but it may be possible to get shuffle play if you rip the 4 CDs to WAV files (this is lossless by the way) and burn those WAV files to a DVD as a data disc. If that doesn't work then I would conclude that the manufacturer of your system simply only supports shuffle play for regular audio CDs and nothing else.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by happydog500 View Post
    I have a stand alone DVD/CD player in my home theater. I like to play CD in "shuffle" mode so it's not in the order the CD comes in. I put the 4 CD's on one CD in MP3 format. I found my DVD/CD Player doesn't Shuffle MP3 Discs.
    The only way I can think of is to put the 4 CD's in CD format on a DVD. This way it would be in the format that does play in shuffle mode.

Is this possible to do?

Thank you,

Chris.
    Try this http://www.audio-dvd-creator.com/
    Quote Quote