VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7
FirstFirst ... 5 6 7
Thread
  1. For instance in the script you gave for StillCher...ColorYUV(cont_u=-26, cont_v=-26) the "-26" would make the yellow more blue and the red more green? So if I wanted to do do the opposite then it would look like: ColorYUV(cont_u=26, cont_v=26) as positive numbers?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Originally Posted by Cherbette View Post
    For instance in the script you gave for StillCher...ColorYUV(cont_u=-26, cont_v=-26) the "-26" would make the yellow more blue and the red more green? So if I wanted to do do the opposite then it would look like: ColorYUV(cont_u=26, cont_v=26) as positive numbers?

I strongly suggest you use avspmod to learn what each setting is doing. This way you can configure the settings to your own tastes

Add histogram("levels") to the bottom of the script while you are making coloryuv settings changes , this will show the graph of Y, U, and V

As soon as you make a change, hit f5 to refresh the preview, make another adjustment, hit f5 again....rinse & repeat

Watch how the image changes, and watch how the graph changes. This is how you will learn what is going on
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by Cherbette View Post
    May I ask what you did to this clip?

function int2mode(int index) { return Select(index, "classic", "levels", "color") } #for HISTOGRAM
    Function TestFunction(int index) { return Select(index, "Placebo", "Very Slow", "Slower", "Slow", "Medium", "Fast", "Faster", "Very Fast", "Super Fast", "Ultra Fast", "Draft") } # for QTGMC with UserSlider
    AVISource("C:\StillCher2.avi")
    AssumeTFF()
    separatefields()
    converttoyv12(interlaced=false)
    input=last
    Ylevels(16, 1.000, 235, 0, 255)
    ###### COLOR CORRECTION: HUE, SATURATION, INTENSITY (RGB) ############
    ConverttoRGB32(matrix="rec601",interlaced=false)
    LoadVirtualdubplugin("C:\Program Files\VirtualDubMod\plugins\Hue.vdf", "hsi",1)
    # Infos: Red's complementary is Cyan / Green's complementary is Magenta / Blue's complementary is Yellow
    # Change the first value (Hue) according to your needs), don't change anything exept Hue according to my tests
    hsi(-1, 1, 15, 0, 1) # Red (primary color)
    hsi(-1, 1, 13, 0, 4) # Bue (primary color)
    hsi(0, 1, 9, 0, 2) # Green (primary color)
    hsi(-1, 1, 11, 0, 32) # Magenta (secondary color)
    hsi(-3, 1, 4, 0, 8) # Yellow (secondary color)
    hsi(-1, 1, 13, 0, 16) # Cyan (secondary color)
    #
    converttoyv12(interlaced=false)
    #### DENOISING ##################
    fft3dfilter(sigma=3.3,sigma2=2.2,sigma3=1.6,sigma4 =1.9, bt=2, bw=16, bh=16, ow=8, oh=8,plane=1, sharpen=0.0,interlaced=false,dehalo=0.0) # Chroma U
    fft3dfilter(sigma=3.5,sigma2=2.2,sigma3=1.6,sigma4 =1.9, bt=2, bw=16, bh=16, ow=8, oh=8,plane=2, sharpen=0.0,interlaced=false,dehalo=0.0) # Chroma V
    fft3dgpu(bt=2,sigma=3.3,sigma2=2.2,sigma3=1.6,sigm a4=1.9,bw=32,bh=32,ow=16,oh=16,sharpen=0,plane=0,m ode=1,precision=2,interlaced=false,oldfft=false) # Luma Only
    GradFun2DBmod(str=[<"Grain Quality", 1.0, 10.0, 1.1>])
    StackVertical(input, last) # for comparison purpose Before / after processing
    weave()
    QTGMC(preset=TestFunction(4))
    SelectEven() # Add this line to keep original framerate, leave it out for smoother doubled framerate
    *** DIGITIZING VHS / ANALOG VIDEOS SINCE 2001**** GEAR: JVC HR-S7700MS, TOSHIBA V733EF AND MORE
    Quote Quote  
  4. Originally Posted by poisondeathray View Post
    Originally Posted by Cherbette View Post
    For instance in the script you gave for StillCher...ColorYUV(cont_u=-26, cont_v=-26) the "-26" would make the yellow more blue and the red more green? So if I wanted to do do the opposite then it would look like: ColorYUV(cont_u=26, cont_v=26) as positive numbers?

I strongly suggest you use avspmod to learn what each setting is doing. This way you can configure the settings to your own tastes

Add histogram("levels") to the bottom of the script while you are making coloryuv settings changes , this will show the graph of Y, U, and V

As soon as you make a change, hit f5 to refresh the preview, make another adjustment, hit f5 again....rinse & repeat

Watch how the image changes, and watch how the graph changes. This is how you will learn what is going on
    I still haven't had the time to try and figure this one out yet...I took a glance at it last night and it looked very confusing but I think it could be useful as you said. Can you give me an example of what a script starting out in avspmod might look like...with the histogram function you mentioned and all...
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by Cherbette View Post
    Originally Posted by poisondeathray View Post
    Originally Posted by Cherbette View Post

I still haven't had the time to try and figure this one out yet...I took a glance at it last night and it looked very confusing but I think it could be useful as you said. Can you give me an example of what a script starting out in avspmod might look like...with the histogram function you mentioned and all...

Just copy & paste your eariler script

A simple script might be

AVISource("video.avi")
    Coloryuv(#some settings)
    Histogram("levels")

Push f5. Change the coloryuv settings, push f5 again. etc....

Read the instuctions on the settings for each filter
    e.g. for coloryuv
    http://avisynth.org/mediawiki/ColorYUV

You 're going to kick yourself at how easy it is . I don't know people use avisynth without avspmod . It allows you to "see" what you're doing instead of working blindly and you get (almost) instant feedback to make adjustments
    Quote Quote  
  6. Thanks
    Quote Quote  
  7. Originally Posted by Cherbette View Post
    For instance in the script you gave for StillCher...ColorYUV(cont_u=-26, cont_v=-26) the "-26" would make the yellow more blue and the red more green?
    I already told you what that does in this post:

https://forum.videohelp.com/threads/338999-Calibrating-luminance-levels-color-for-captu...=1#post2109859

It's the equivalent of reducing the color saturation by about 10 percent. It makes the colors less intense, more gray. +26 would have made all colors more intense. If you had opened a video and applied that line yourself you would have seen this easily.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Oh ok i see...i did indeed apply that script to the video. Still trying to understand it all. AvsPmod looks promising as far as teaching me on a more visual basis.
    Quote Quote  
  9. I should clarify one thing about ColorYUV(). When you use an option like gain_y=25 you aren't literally multiplying the luma value by 25. What you're really saying is y' = y + (y * 25 / 256). So gain_y=25 increases y by about 10 percent (25/256). If you specify a negative value, gain_y=-25, you are decreasing y by about 10 percent. It's the same for cont_y, gamma_y, and the U and V equivalents. off_y=25 is a literal addition of 25 to the luma value. off_u, and off_v are the same.
    Quote Quote