VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi all,

Here is a mp4 file I download from youku.com.
    http://aiyoyo.getmyip.com/video/03000809064BD8557A923D028D906B78CEF4AA-9716-BEA7-4C0C-...D220B93072.mp4 (a part file of a game video)

I am able to to view it perfectly with media player classic, with audio and picture. But whenever I try to extract the audio file(AAC), the aac file is corrupt(play with media player classic, got sound for 2 seconds, the rest is garbled).

The program I have tried is: yamb, mp4box, winff

What I do not understand is, why I can play the video in media player classic 1.4.1.2845, but after I extract the audio, it is corrupt and unplayable. It work for the other part of the video.

Hope someone here can point me to somewhere. TQ
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by aiyoyo View Post
    Hope someone here can point me to somewhere. TQ
    Hi
    You're right, when the audio is extracted with YAMB there is only a few seconds.
    I've extracted it OK using FFmpeg, like this:-
    Code:
    ffmpeg -i filename -vn -acodec copy filename.m4a
    Image Attached Files
    Quote Quote  
  3. It also works if you mux with mkvtoolnix into mkv, then mkvextract

So it must be a bug with mp4box, or that specific version of mp4box
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thank you guy for all your reply. I will try the program you guy suggest after work.

I use Allok video joiner to join the file., and found the sound problem, so that's why I try to extract the audio out and remux again to see if solve the problem. That's said, I think maybe Allok video joiner use same routine as mp4box/yamb to extract the audio when joining the video.

As for ffmpeg solution, isn't it winff use ffmpeg?
    Quote Quote  
  5. This seems to be an old thread but is ffmped still the best and easiest way to do this? I need to losslely extract audio from .mp4 youtube videos.
    Quote Quote  
  6. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    You can also use mp4box or a gui for it like mymp4boxgui. Under the demux tab.
    Quote Quote