VideoHelp Forum

Try DVDFab and download streaming video, copy, convert or make Blu-rays,DVDs! Download free trial !
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi friends,

How do I record a two-way video chat between myself and my friend in another city? We are pretty regular on video chat through GTalk and think it will be great to record some of these conversations so that we may revisit these memories sometime in future together.

I have used a couple of screen capture programs e.g. BSR Screen Capture and EatCam Web Recorder. They record the video pretty fine but so far they are recording only one sound - either the microphone or the speaker. So the recorded videos have just one of speaking. Either these programs dont support recording two way audio or I have not figured it out yet.

In either cases, can someone suggest a good tool/software (preferably where you have experience using one) to solve my problem. I am not after only freebies and am even ready to buy a software if it works fine.

I have even looked in the tools section of this forum but could not decide if any of those would meet my requirement. Needless to say here, I really am a newbie and dont know much about computers and softwares

Will be very helpful if you guys can suggest a tool or an alternate way to keep nice memories of my friend.

Thanks and regards.
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    I like snagit or maybe the old free camstudio.

edit: I guess snagit doesn't support any audio.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I doubt camstudio record the voice of both people simultaneously
    Quote Quote  
  4. DECEASED
    Search Comp PM
    First, try to set the drivers of your sound card for recording from
    "Stereo Mix" // "What-U-Hear" // or something
    Quote Quote