VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi gang,

I am having 2 problems with TS files captured using Arcsoft TME2 and a Hauppauge HDPVR. Capturing in AVCHD format from SPDIF 5.1 audio (AC3 I think, cannot check right now).

1) If I try adding the file to tsMuxer it says it cannot recognize the audio stream, so i get video and no audio. I am using tsMuxer because of probelms (2) below.

2) authoring an AVCHD disc using TME2, I cannot get a single title longer than 1:40:00. The clip stops at 1:40 and returns to the menu. I can fast forward past 1:40 but when I hit play, I return to the menu. Multiple titles conbined over 1:40 seem to be ok.

Any ideas you may have would be appreciated.

Thanks,
    Matt
    Quote Quote  
  2. Found if I tsRemux the ts file first, I can tsMuxeR it after. Maybe it is the 2ch AC3 audio in the file instead of 5.1.

Still looking for a mfr to own the 1:40 title length bug.

Matt
    Quote Quote  
  3. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    I suggest contacting Arcsoft's tech support. It probably won't work, but you can try. Also look for an Arcsoft forum or a TME2 forum as you may be able to get some help there. I don't think TME2 is very popular around here as a lot of people here use free tools for this kind of thing like multiAVCHD.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Thanks jman, I have done so. There are 2 others with the same prob and we have entered support tickets.

multiAVCHD is ok for menus, behaves a little weird on my machine. Not sure you can cut/edit commercials and such.

Actually any suggestions on a ts or m2ts file editor would be useful as I found tsRemux does a much better/faster job at authoring the folders than TME and for single titles like sports/movies who needs a menu anyway (I don;t do subtitles/languages etc etc).

Thanks again for responding,
    Matt
    Quote Quote  
  5. I use TME with my HD-PVR and can mux the ts files with tsMuxer without problems. For editing out adverts, tsSniper is perhaps the best freeware AVC (H.264) editor. It's not frame accurate, but with a little practice it may be good enough. However, if your computer specs are current, there's no way you're gonna edit AVC on that computer

I suspect the problem is either with your capture settings or your rig.

1) What's your input resolution? If 1080i, try 720p. Still the same problem?
    2) Format settings, have you tried default? In my experience, anything over 8mbs is a waste, since the HD channels already have overcompressed to the point that a lot of the quality is gone. At maximum bitrate, your rig may be having trouble keeping up. Which leads me to:
    3) Are you capturing to an internal hard drive separate from your OS drive?
    4) Boy, Win98? I have to wonder about that being problematic, in and of itself.
    5) Tried re-installing the software? Hauppauge drivers and TME.
    6) This may sound strange, but you could also try re-installing your video card drivers.
    7) Trying to remember my Win98 days, it seems I re-installed the OS pretty often, since it got corrupted so easily. Again, if this does not apply, please update your specs.

All I can think of at the moment. Good luck.
    Pull! Bang! Darn!
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search PM
    After much frustration & experimentation I found Video ReDo to be the best solution for dealing with .ts files captured from SD & HD TV. It's not freeware, but after weeks of getting nowhere I was happy to pay for a solution. It's frame-accurate for editing commercials out (I do it maunally rather than use ad detective), keeps audio/video sync & can save the edited content as a .ts (for conversion to .mkv etc.) or as a .mpg so I can use FAVC to burn it to DVD,
    Quote Quote  
  7. Thanks Mariner and fritzi.

From comments in other places it seems VideoRedo is THE one for problem free editing. If I get serious maybe I'll spend the $100.

fritzi: Curious if you are using TME 1 or 2? S/PDIF or RCA audio input? I am on WinXP with all the latest. Doesn't matter what disk i record to (although I have not recorded to system disk). Gotta disagre with you on the bit rates especially for sports. Sports on various channels seems far less compressed. I also saw dramatic color blending blotches and noticeable motion blur on programs using lower bit rates.

The tsMuxer issue is not so big now that tsRemux authors BD just fine from the original files.

Bigger issue is the 1:40 title limit bug but it has been reported by 3 of us now so I hope they are working on it.

Thanks for the comments,
    Matt
    Last edited by Subliminal; 14th Sep 2011 at 11:50. Reason: get fritzi right, add res stuff
    Quote Quote  
  8. Is the time limit a TME2 issue or PVR recording stream issue ?

(can you use other authoring software without the time limitation - or is that what you mean when that's the reason you are using tsmuxer ?)
    Quote Quote  
  9. Originally Posted by poisondeathray View Post
    Is the time limit a TME2 issue or PVR recording stream issue ?

(can you use other authoring software without the time limitation - or is that what you mean when that's the reason you are using tsmuxer ?)
    Purely a TME2 issue. Recordings author burn and play fine (up to 3 hours so far) using other tools (tsRemux, multiAVCHD etc). Any AVCHD authored with TME2 will freeze at 1:40:00. I have provided many details on the ArcSoft forum if interested. I can even fix the file (get rid of freeze) using tsRemux, just no way to author with menus from TME2.

Matt
    Quote Quote  
  10. I'm using RCA input and TME 1.
    Pull! Bang! Darn!
    Quote Quote  
  11. Originally Posted by fritzi93 View Post
    I'm using RCA input and TME 1.
    There it is. That is why I suspect you are not having the problems I am.
    Quote Quote