VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I noticed in Excel 2007, when you create an auto filter, you can select (check mark) certain data and it will return that information. Data--> Filter --> Autofilter

In Excel 2003, I notice the auto filter, you cannot select selected information. You can only select one data or do a custom. How come you cannot select multiple data points?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Sure you can. It just won't do anything. They wrote it that way. Did you expect 2003 to be more advanced than 2007?
    Quote Quote  
  3. something as simple as checking multiple data points to filter on was missing on 03.
    Quote Quote  
  4. I can do a custom filter, but with that, it only allows me to select two queries.
    Let's say I have a group of 10 names. I want to filter, to return 5 names = jack, joe, john, james, jill
    On the custom, I can set it to "equal" jack OR "equal" joe....but then thats it. It won't let me add 3 more custom entries.
    Can anyone help?
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Re-run the query multiple times (once for "jack", once for "joe", etc), or separate them out to multple columns, or just upgrade to '07. That is one of the few real improvements...

Scott

edit: or create an additional column that contains the composites you want ("J's")
    Quote Quote