VideoHelp Forum

Try DVDFab and download streaming video, copy, convert or make Blu-rays,DVDs! Download free trial !
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. What's with the request for information on v8.1.1.5? The update will not install if I don't fill in a request for information. I had to go back to the previous version 8.1.1.2.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search PM
    I didn't have a problem when I installed the latest beta version.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by Slowburn View Post
    What's with the request for information on v8.1.1.5? The update will not install if I don't fill in a request for information. I had to go back to the previous version 8.1.1.2.
    Do you have a screenshot?
    Where did you download it from?
    Quote Quote  
  4. Had something to do with the program folder shortcut. First time this has happened. The info request was to make an 'error' report because it wouldn't open the program.
    I uninstalled everything, including preferences, and re-installed the latest version. Working okay so far.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Version 8.1.1.2 was the last one that installed easily. Since then, it will not install in normal Windows mode. I suspect either my anti-virus or firewall program is stopping the installation. When I try the install in Safe Mode, it works as it did normally. The program is fully functional after installation in Safe Mode.

Question is, how do I find out why it will not install as it used to do?

Has anyone had the same problem?
    Quote Quote  
  6. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Maybe you don't seriously want help and that's your business. But after 8 years of membership I sure as heck would know enough to post my version of Windows, my firewall, my anti-virus, and whether I installed DVDFab as Administrator or not. I can't believe I'm having to tell you this.
    Quote Quote