VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2
FirstFirst 1 2
Thread
  1. Over the last few years I've had unstable ATI drivers from time to time. So I rarely bother to update any more, so long as everything is working. Since you've arrived at something of an impasse, perhaps you should try an earlier package.

Here's what I'm running on Win7 with my Radeon HD 2400 card:

Driver Packaging Version 8.831.2-110308a-115927C-ATI
    Catalyst Version 11.3
    Provider ATI Technologies Inc.
    2D Driver Version 8.01.01.1134
    2D Driver File Path /REGISTRY/MACHINE/SYSTEM/ControlSet001/Control/Class/{4D36E968-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}/0000
    Direct3D Version 7.14.10.0817
    OpenGL Version 6.14.10.10600
    Catalyst Control Center Version 2011.0308.2325.42017

I get scaling options and overscan control no problem. Connected with DVI->HDMI adapter, input is standard 720p for my plasma (not native resolution) and 1080p for my LCD, and it works fine.

You could try it after uninstalling and cleaning up one more time.

Good luck.
    Pull! Bang! Darn!
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks for your response i must have completely cleaned the driver and Ati software close to a dozen times today using driver sweeper and revo uninstaller. Tried several different drivers. Tried the latest with 11.8 vision engine tried letting Microsoft install tue driver. Tried 11.7 down to 10.x no luck. Keeps crashing. It says my ati display driver has stopped responding or something like that. It's very frustrating. And keeps crashing no matter which combo driver/software I use. And I can ONLY get overscan options when I install vision engine 11.8 which is the latest. It just isn't available through any other version I have tried so far?!?!? I opened up my comp clean fans still running it's a decent size case so good air flow. There is a heat sink on my graphics chip. I am getting to the point I want to get a new graphics card. Perhaps nvidia this time. One that will take advantage of my full 55" screen which is why I am having these problems. Can anyone recommend a card of course need hdmi. And would like it to be somewhat better than hd 3200 radeon. I dont know what else to do. Without overscan I am losing precious real estate. Thanks

Ps I want a pci express card has to be single slot doesn't need to be low profile. I imagine a card that takes up two slots is too much anyways (;

Also want to add at one point I got a bsod Atimpag.sys*was the problem
    Last edited by carlos28355; 9th Sep 2011 at 00:57.
    Quote Quote  
  3. If you search "Atimpag.sys", you'll see you're not alone. I've never seen it myself, but have seen "Ati2dvag.dll" BSOD a few times.

Any time you get a BSOD, it wouldn't hurt to run memtest.

Anyway, I read a few interesting suggestions:

1) Maybe the video card isn't getting enough power. Look at whether the PSU is inadequate or going bad. And reseat the card, of course.

2) Install/re-install latest MoBo drivers. Update the BIOS.

3) Change video drivers, but you've tried that.

4) If overclocking, try at defaults instead.

5) Re-install Windows. A few folks said that fixed it, just putting that out there.

6) Defective video card is possible of course.

Hope you get this solved. Good luck.
    Pull! Bang! Darn!
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thank you @fritzi93 ya i did google it looks like common problems are bad driver. over heating. and i think maybe bad card? im convinced it is bad driver because this happened only after i installed a different driver. although could coincidence be bad chip?

1) its an integrated video chip on the mobo

2) i did try the latest mobo drivers yesterday /:

3) yep did that one..ha

4) not overclocking

5) i did recently do a fresh install of Windows specificaly because of the black border around my Windows (overscan issue) and although it might stop the crashing of the driver i dont think it will solve the black border issue which is a big thing for me right now

6) could be video chip going bad who knows for sure ha damn this problem

any recommendations on video card anyone? want to try nvidia...and again pci express need single slot card and doesnt need to be low profile.
    Quote Quote