VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I have Vegas Movie Studio Platinum 8.0d(up-to-date) running on Win 7 x86-64.
    I recently acquired a Panasonic HDC-TM700.
    My video is shot in MPEG-4 AVC/H.264(AVCHD) | 1920x1080 | 60i | 17Mbps.

When I simply select(not open), one of these files, whether in the Explorer or in the Import dialogue, it immediately freezes the entire program.
    The size of the files(.m2ts) doesn't seem to matter. Even files that are 25/50 MB will trigger the freeze.

Any ideas appreciated. Thank You.
    Last edited by greg0ry; 22nd Aug 2011 at 17:20.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Try re-wrapping a video with tsmuxer, then import

Do the files play ok in say, MPCHC or VLC ? (i.e. are they not corrupt)
    Quote Quote  
  3. Hello

The files do play fine. I've used both VLC and the software that Panasonic provides for Import/Export/Playback.

I'll have to look into tsmuxer, thank you for the suggestion. Is the "re-wrapping" a lossless process?
    Quote Quote  
  4. Yes, re-wrapping is just copying the video & audio into a new transport stream container

The idea is to try the least destructive options before you move on to more destructive ones

If that doesn't work, you can transcode to a digital intermediate. Something like cineform . Cineform has a free version now, called "gopro cineform studio" ; the entry level "cineform neoscene" used to be ~$100 . Filesizes are large, but it's visually lossless. It makes editing "snappier". You will find that version of vegas very slow & sluggish to edit AVCHD, unless you have a very fast setup
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Vegas will sometimes appear to freeze while it's looking for a decoder, especially on a network share. Did you try waiting for it to actually come back to you?

Are you sure version 8 supports AVC/AAC? I think it does, and that it's Pro8 that doesn't, but I can't remember. Maybe you need Platinum?
    Last edited by budwzr; 22nd Aug 2011 at 23:49.
    Quote Quote