VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi.

I'm want to use Avanti as a frontend for ffmpeg. How do I specify vfwcap (Video for Windows capture) as the input in avanti?

Here is the command line that I'm trying to port to AVANTI:

ffmpeg.exe -r 1 -t 1 -rtbufsize 100000000 -f vfwcap -s hd720 -i 0 -vframes 1 -vf crop=943:686:180:3,hflip test%d.tif

If it's helpful...here's what I'm trying to accomplish:

I currently use ffmpeg to assemble still images into movies. I have developed a 16mm film scanner, based on a projector, that gathers frames, similar to this project, which was the inspiration to my machine. (http://hackaday.com/2011/01/15/converting-8mm-film-to-digital/) I am using a webcam (Microsoft LifeCam) in front of the projector lens. As each frame advances, the projector "clicks" an embedded mouse, taking a high res jpg image, utilizing the (gag) Microsoft lifecam software that the camera came with. I then use irfanview to crop/flip/renumber the images, and ffmpeg to assemble them into the movie. The trouble is...the Microsoft Lifecam Software has a memory leak, and after about 5000 frames (about 2 hours), the software chokes. So, I'm rethinking the workflow. Can FFMPEG be used to grab frames from a webcam with a mouse click? (FFMPEG can indeed grab the frames. I'm hoping to use AVANTI to accomplish the mouse clik part.)

Thanks for reading this, and for any help you may be able to provide.

Eric
    Quote Quote  
  2. Hi. Apologies for posting this in the incorrect place. I found the AVANTI help forum. Thanks.
    Quote Quote