VideoHelp Forum

Try DVDFab and download streaming video, copy, convert or make Blu-rays,DVDs! Download free trial !
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi I got clip that has 1440x1080 resolution in m4v and wmv. In my media player and PC the m4v will automatically fill my entire TV (HD ready/720p) but the wmv have 2 black bars (4:3). Why is that? Is there anything I can do so that my WMV will automatically fill my TV without changing my media player to 4:3 pan & scan mode? Many thanks for your help.

PS: I convert the wmv to mkv using metafox and seems the PC will play it automatically in full HD (widemode). Will try if it is the same with the media player.
    Last edited by hanugro; 18th Aug 2011 at 11:45.
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Try change the aspect ratio to 16:9 with https://forum.videohelp.com/threads/280102-WMV-Aspect-Ratio-Changing .

I added a mirror download also:
    Image Attached Files
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    OK thanks, will try. My media player still play the mkv with 2 black bars on my TV.
    Quote Quote  
  4. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    THe media player might not support the aspect ratio flag in the mkv.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks it work in PC but still not in media player. Put 16:9->apply then put 4:3->apply. Gspot report sar 4:3, par 4:3, and dar 16:9. Seems that my media player not paying attention on pixel aspect ratio flag in WMV as well.
    Quote Quote