VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I just downloaded the new version of bd rebuilder 38.09 and when I try to run the program a warning box pops up saying could not find a valid path for these required tools:
    x264.exe
    tsmuxer.exe
    wavi.exe
    aften.exe
    decomb.dll
    smoothdeinterlacer.dll
    mkvmerge.exe
    Recommend you reinstall using all included files.

not sure what all this means or how to do it, can someone please help this rookie. Once I click on ok then the box pops up to put in the source path and working path and I fill that in and it says the error in attempt to extract audio/subs part. help. trying to rebuild bd movie ofcourse.
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Did you extract ALL files from the bdrebulder zip file to a folder? And then run bdrebuilder.
    Did you install the required tools? See http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=143716
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    thanks for getting back to me so quickly, ok I uninstalled everything then installed everything again but when i installed the video decoder configuration for ffdshow it tells me to make sure mpeg2 decoding is enabled, i click on the box and a drop down box came up since it was disabled and only things there to click on was: libavcodec and libmpeg2, no enabled wording, everything else was fine installing and when i went to start of bd rebuilder same error came up as above with all those items missing, not sure how to correct this matter, i am a rookie and really appreciate if you could bare with me and walk me thru this, didnt have this problem last time I had to update. thanks again.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Run inspect.exe in your BDRebuilder folder and post the results.
    Pull! Bang! Darn!
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    not sure how to do that so i did a print screen to show you what i have, hopefully i did that right so you can see it. sorry for being so stupid.
    Image Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	bdrebuilder error print screen.jpg
Views:	1105
Size:	715.0 KB
ID:	8223  

Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    i think i just did the inspect ok, here it is, most of it says wrong version but i downloaded everything again so i would make sure it was the right version

Windows Version: 6.1 [7601]
    - AVISYNTH Version: 2.5.8.0, not recommended version
    - HAALI Splitter: Isn't recommended version
    - FFDSHOW: 3882, not recommended version
    - WIN7 preferred AVC CODEC: Ok
    - WIN7 preferred VC-1 CODEC: Ok
    - WIN7 preferred MPEG2 CODEC: Ok
    - FFDSHOW VC-1 set "disabled", WMP: 12,0,7601,17514
    - FFDSHOW MPEG2 set incorrectly: [0]
    - FFDSHOW AVC set to "ffmpeg-mt": Ok
    - More info available if run from BD-RB folder
    Quote Quote  
  7. Here's what mine shows:

- Windows Version: 6.1 [7601]
    - AVISYNTH Version: 2.5.7.0, Ok
    - HAALI Splitter: 1.11.96.14, Ok
    - FFDSHOW: 3882, Ok
    - FFDSHOW VC-1 set to "wmv9", Ok
    - FFDSHOW MPEG2 set to "libmpeg2": Ok
    - BD Rebuilder v0.38.0.9, Ok
    - X264: Ok
    - AFTEN: Ok
    - FAAC: Ok
    - MP4BOX: Ok
    - WAVI: Ok
    - TSMUXER: Ok

Why did you not run inspect.exe from your BDRB folder?

Anyway, if you configure everything to match mine, BDRB should work for you. If you still have trouble, verify that BDRB is okay by re-encoding a different movie. If not, uninstall everything and this time manually delete the Haali and ffdshow folders, run CCleaner to fix any registry errors, reboot and re-install/reconfigure. Haali in particular can cause problems if it gets corrupted, then it doesn't uninstall cleanly, and re-installing over top doesn't fix the problem.

When running a version of BDRB for the first time, right-click the icon and run as administrator. BDRB will then automatically check your configuration.

It's possible though unlikely that your rip is corrupted somehow, or that removing the protection damaged the structure in some way. What movie, is it new? At any rate, exhaust all the other possibilities first.

[EDIT] I wonder if your download of the BDRB package wasn't damaged. Try downloading it again.
    Last edited by fritzi93; 16th Aug 2011 at 22:03.
    Pull! Bang! Darn!
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    you said: Why did you not run inspect.exe from your BDRB folder? isn't that what I did and copy and pasted in last post for you to see. this is getting to be to much, gott a be an easier way for dummies like me. didn't have any problem with last update.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    does it matter what order i reinstall everything? i will unistall everything again and start from scratch, should i install all the small programs first then bd rebuilder??
    Quote Quote  
  10. I said that because of this from your inspect.exe results, at the bottom:

- More info available if run from BD-RB folder

I've just been able to replicate your inspect results by running it from the ZIP folder. Like Baldrick said in his reply, extract *all* your files, then run the executable from the extracted folder, not the ZIP folder.
    Pull! Bang! Darn!
    Quote Quote  
  11. Originally Posted by goblue8000 View Post
    does it matter what order i reinstall everything? i will unistall everything again and start from scratch, should i install all the small programs first then bd rebuilder??
    I suggest you burn it all down, uninstall everything, manually delete any folders left over, and clean your registry. Then re-install and configure your helper programs. BDRB last, and make sure you extract everything and run BDRB as Admin from the extracted folder.

Good luck.
    Pull! Bang! Darn!
    Quote Quote  
  12. Member
    Search Comp PM
    ok, i did what you said deleted everything but I think i am messing up on the unzipping which i dont understand that well, but i did the inspect again and got alot of ok's and i will attach that with this, when i double click on the bdrb icon to open it up i still get that darn error says, could not find a valid path for these required tools: think i am just not unzipping something right, whatever it is can you walk me thru it step by step, please.
    x264.exe
    tsmuxer.exe
    wavi.exe
    aften.exe
    decomb.dll
    smoothdeinterlacer.dll
    mkvmerge.exe
    recommend you reinstall using all included files, (this i just dont understand how to do) here is my inspect that I did, see below

Windows Version: 6.1 [7601]

- AVISYNTH Version: 2.5.8.0, Ok

- HAALI Splitter: 1.11.96.14, Ok

- FFDSHOW: 3882, Ok

- FFDSHOW VC-1 set incorrectly: [0]

- FFDSHOW MPEG2 set to "libmpeg2": Ok

- BD Rebuilder v0.38.0.9, Ok

- X264: Ok

- AFTEN: Ok

- FAAC: Ok

- MP4BOX: Ok

- WAVI: Ok

- TSMUXER: Ok
    Quote Quote  
  13. Dunno what you're using to extract the BDRB ZIP package, but you should decompress to a new folder in a single operation. Everything needed should then be in that folder. I use IZArc, never the built in Windows extractor, so maybe that makes a difference. I create a BDRB folder, put the package in it, right-click the file and select "Extract Here" and voila.

Then right-click the BDRB icon, run as Admin, and BDRB will check the configuration.

I hate to say it, but at this point I don't know how to help you.
    Pull! Bang! Darn!
    Quote Quote  
  14. Member
    Search Comp PM
    ok, I finally got it thanks to everyones help on the forum, thank you. BUT, here is a test for ya. I have been trying to backup my movie TOP GUN with tom cruise and it is 47 gig in size so I shrink all my movies down to under 25gig using that option and ofcourse cking the box ONLY MOVIE, I don't want the other junk just the movie. so when I put the 47gig into the virtual drive and then destination is my external drive here is the picture shot I get, i will put as attachment so you can see and it doesn't record the movie, it gives me the HOW THEY MADE THE MOVIE and with interviews of the cast ect and not the movie, what is up with that. I have never had a problem shrinking my movies down under 25gig and just doing the movie only but with top gun it just copies the way they made it and with interviews. why is this different from all the other movies I hve done this with, ck out the attachments.
    Image Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	top gun print screen.jpg
Views:	681
Size:	179.4 KB
ID:	8280  

Quote Quote