VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I have a VCD recording (dat files) of some old yet useful VHS videos done several (12) years ago. I would like to clean these videos of their severe video noise and enhance quality and sharpness in general and increase luminesence, hue, contrast brightness etc

I have decided to use virtualdub (do you rcommend any other program)

Can you please recommend the filters and their settings and their order to accomplish the above?

Thank you
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by perfection View Post
    Can you please recommend the filters and their settings and their order to accomplish the above
    Not without AT LEAST a screenshot of the damage you are talking about....no.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Where do i upload/post th screenshots o the video i propose to 'clean'?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by perfection View Post
    Where do i upload/post th screenshots o the video i propose to 'clean'?
    When you reply, click the go advanced button. Then, you'll see the upload files/manage attachments button at the bottom
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi,
    I am aware that this is an old thread, but I am looking to find out what kind of noise is this and what methods I can use to remove it. I have captured my tapes in PAL using the GV-USB2 interface, AVI lossless in VirtualDub, on the S Video interface. The Composite didn't produce this noise, but the image was blurry, so I opted for this connection, and my whole collection has been captured like this.
    Image Attached Images  
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I suggest you start a new thread about this issue since digging up a 9 year old thread is not appropriate.
    Quote Quote