VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. So let's see. I've been using converter called Format Factory to convert my mkv files with subtitles to psp/ipod and so on compatible mp4. FF 2.45(one i'm currently using) have pretty old mencoder (r29352(20090610-gcc-4.3.3)). FF used passing next lines to mencoder and mp4box to make psp compatible mp4:
    http://pastebin.com/wLsjMNAi
    If I pass these lines to newly compiled mencoder (r33951(20110804)) i will get mp4 which can be played on pc and ipod, but showed as unsupported data on psp.
    Here is media info on created mp4:
    File using old mencoder > Pastebin link <
    File using new mencoder > Pastebin link <
    Now is question itself, why is this happening? Why newer mencoder produces mp4 which is shown as unsupported on psp? Is this bug/problem with mencoder or libx264 or is this supposed to be this way? Can this be bypassed somehow to make psp compatible mp4 with these same settings? I hope you can help me. Thanks in advance
    Quote Quote  
  2. You need to convert video H264 format at baseline method for support non Pc player.
    Why don't you try Drag drop convert (don't forget to install .net framework 3.5 sp 1 too).
    Quote Quote  
  3. well, thanks, but i just found answer myself. i just needed to add option profile=main. and for psp, bframes should be 0
    Topic can be closed.
    Quote Quote