+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. http://ffmpegX.com/download.html

v0.0.9y (Lion) r2 - Aug 3, 2011
    - bugfix in DVD authoring with soft subtitles
    - bugfix in bitrate calculator with ffmpeg engine

v0.0.9y-"Lion" - Jul 30, 2011
    - OS X 10.7 "Lion" compatibility

If you run on OSX Lion then use this version. If you run Snow Leopard or earlier then use the previous v0.0.9y which has the same functionality but is not compatible with Lion.

Notes:
    - If you already installed ffmpegX before, with this new version you are not required to reinstall a new version of the binaries. Just replace the application. If running on Lion over a previous Snow Leopard install, the ffmpegX self-installer will pop up once. You not need to locate the binaries (if they are not marked in red), just enter your OSX password and the installer will update all your ffmpegX components for Lion compatibility.
    - If you install ffmpegX for the first time on Lion then the install process is the same as usual, download the same binaries and locate them with the installer.
    - Some components were not recompiled with the original sources as they were no longer available or did not recompile on the current gcc compiler, so in some cases they were upgraded to newer or similar sources. If you notice bugs or any difference in functionality in respect to 0.0.9y please post a bug report here.
    - A 0.0.9z version is planned within few weeks to few months (depending on complexity which will be encountered), where all components will be recompiled to newer versions and adding speed optimizations for multicore and x86_64 arch.
    Last edited by major; 3rd Aug 2011 at 13:04.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by major View Post
    Note : I did not have time to do full testing, so if you notice any bugs or difference in functionality in respect to 0.0.9y please post a bug report and I will try to fix quickly.
    01/ Conversion from XviD AVI to DV doesn't work.
    See «01-dv1.txt»

02/ Conversion from MPEG-2 to DV doesn't work, with a different error.
    See «02-dv2.txt»

03/ DVD soft subtitles doesn't work anymore.
    sample.avi.ff.mpg.s.mpg is empty (0 bytes); no .DVD folder is created.
    See «03-dvd-subs-log.txt»

04/ Calculator is still broken for ffmpeg presets, as it was for 0.0.9y on 10.4/10.5/10.6
    "AppleScript Error
    The variable _iframeflag is not defined. (-2753)"
    Image Attached Files
    Quote Quote  
  3. Thanks a lot for your report. I fixed issues 3 and 4, could you please redownload the application and confirm if they also work for you.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I fixed issues 3 and 4, could you please redownload the application and confirm if they also work for you.
    Yes, those are fixed now. Thank you.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Thanks. I updated the release post. About 1/ and 2/ it is the same root cause, it some code compiled in the wrong version because the original version can't compile on gcc4. It should only affect DV indeed. I will need some more time to find a fix but I will work on it.
    Last edited by major; 3rd Aug 2011 at 20:13.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    05/ An older oddity, not new to this version, but I hope it can get changed in an upcoming release.
    The "img" tool currently saves the file inside the movie.DVD folder. I think it would make more sense to save the file in the parent folder of movie.DVD folder, alongside the other (temp) output files.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    06/ Audio file to .mp2/.mp3/.ac3 gives AppleScript Error "Can't make " " into type number. (-1700)", when leaving the video tab,
    e.g. by going from tab to tab, browsing the options.
    This seems to be related to the Video bitrate being a selected field and the framerate field having no value.
    If a field other than the video bitrate is selected, or any (valid) value is present in the framerate field, then the error message doesn't pop up.
    The error doesn't happen all the time, but a number of times the video bitrate field was the selected field in the video tab without me putting the focus there (intentionally).
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I'm trying to Convert a .MOD to .dv file for use in iMovie. I have loaded all the codecs as per the instructions for FFMPEGX and I get an error Message saying "cannot write header - incorrect Codedecs?"

Any help would be Greatly appreciated. I'm lost as to how to continue.

Thanks to all.

Greg

Here is the output:

FFmpeg version CVS, Copyright (c) 2000-2004 Fabrice Bellard
    Mac OSX universal build for ffmpegX
    libavutil version: 49.0.0
    libavcodec version: 51.9.0
    libavformat version: 50.4.0
    Thu Aug 11 10:02:06 EDT 2011
    Input #0, mpeg, from '/Users/Greghde/Movies/2008 Munich Reception/2008-09-20 Muenchen Wedding/Dinner Time.mod.mov':
    Duration: 00:00:19.8, start: 0.190889, bitrate: 9747 kb/s
    Stream #0.0[0x1e0], 29.97 fps(r): Video: mpeg2video, yuv420p, 720x480, 8900 kb/s
    Stream #0.1[0x80]: Audio: ac3, 48000 Hz, stereo, 384 kb/s
    Output #0, dv, to '/Users/Greghde/Movies/2008 Munich Reception/2008-09-20 Muenchen Wedding/Dinner Time.mod.mov.ff.dv':
    Stream #0.0, 29.97 fps(c): Video: dvvideo, yuv420p, 720x480, q=3-9, 25000 kb/s
    Stream #0.1: Audio: pcm_s16le, 48000 Hz, stereo, 1536 kb/s
    Stream mapping:
    Stream #0.0 -> #0.0
    Stream #0.1 -> #0.1
    bench: utime=0.001s
    Encoding completed on Thu Aug 11 10:02:06 EDT 2011
    [dv @ 0x5597b8]Can't initialize DV format!
    Make sure that you supply exactly two streams:
    video: 25fps or 29.97fps, audio: 2ch/48Khz/PCM
    (50Mbps allows an optional second audio stream)
    Could not write header for output file #0 (incorrect codec parameters ?)
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by RazorV View Post
    I'm trying to convert to .dv
    As mentioned in post #5 above, conversions to DV are not functional in the Lion version of ffmpegX. The developer is working on it.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Case View Post
    Originally Posted by RazorV View Post
    I'm trying to convert to .dv
    As mentioned in post #5 above, conversions to DV are not functional in the Lion version of ffmpegX. The developer is working on it.

Thanks for the note. I must of missed that when I was reading thru the posts. But thanks for pointing it out!

I hope he can find the fix soon.

Cheers,
    Greg
    Siesta Key, FL
    Quote Quote  
  11. Hi Major,
    I've recently discovered ffmpegX and it's really a great example of free software.
    However I think I've stumbled into a couple of major bugs:

1. software installation is supported just from a user account with admin privileges. If you try to use the program from another user account, the hidden .spumux directory will not be available

2. subtitles burning is not managed properly (this is really annoying). font and size settings are totally ignored, and there are issues with character sets. I understand this is probably a bug of mencoder, but there must be a workaround

Rob

http://ffmpegX.com/download.html

v0.0.9y (Lion) r2 - Aug 3, 2011
    - bugfix in DVD authoring with soft subtitles
    - bugfix in bitrate calculator with ffmpeg engine

v0.0.9y-"Lion" - Jul 30, 2011
    - OS X 10.7 "Lion" compatibility

If you run on OSX Lion then use this version. If you run Snow Leopard or earlier then use the previous v0.0.9y which has the same functionality but is not compatible with Lion.

Notes:
    - If you already installed ffmpegX before, with this new version you are not required to reinstall a new version of the binaries. Just replace the application. If running on Lion over a previous Snow Leopard install, the ffmpegX self-installer will pop up once. You not need to locate the binaries (if they are not marked in red), just enter your OSX password and the installer will update all your ffmpegX components for Lion compatibility.
    - If you install ffmpegX for the first time on Lion then the install process is the same as usual, download the same binaries and locate them with the installer.
    - Some components were not recompiled with the original sources as they were no longer available or did not recompile on the current gcc compiler, so in some cases they were upgraded to newer or similar sources. If you notice bugs or any difference in functionality in respect to 0.0.9y please post a bug report here.
    - A 0.0.9z version is planned within few weeks to few months (depending on complexity which will be encountered), where all components will be recompiled to newer versions and adding speed optimizations for multicore and x86_64 arch.
    Quote Quote