VideoHelp Forum

Try DVDFab and download streaming video, copy, convert or make Blu-rays,DVDs! Download free trial !
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hello,

I'm currently working on a FCP project that's giving me some problems. I'm using footage from my Canon T2i and also a Panasonic DVX100a. I captured the footage from the DVX first, so I assume the timeline conformed to the DVX setting (widescreen). When I imported the Canon footage (first converted to prores422), I noticed the sizes were off. What would be the correct thing to do here? Leave the timeline at the dvx setting being the lesser quality video and size the canon to match? Do I do this just by resizing the video in the preview window?

Thanks for any help!

I'm using an iMac...

Jeff
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    More detail would help

T2i source format? Resolution? Frame rate? What were your ProRes422 conversion settings?

DVX100a source format? Resolution? Frame rate? Native DVX100 format is wide 720x480 24pA. Was this your FCP project setting?

Which camera is your primary source?

What is your goal? A progressive DVD?
    Recommends: Kiva.org - Loans that change lives.
    http://www.kiva.org/about
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hey, thanks for the reply! Well, I can give you some of the info you're asking me...

As for the DVX - it's exactly as you said (wide 720x480 24pA). I dragged the DVX footage to the timeline first, so the timeline conformed to those settings. As for the T2i... I believe it's HD 1920 x 1080 - I think I shot at 30fps...

Before importing the canon footage, I first used mpeg streamclip and converted it to .mov using pro res 422 LT and I believe I left it on 'unscaled'.

As far as the deliverable - it just needs to be SD.

So I guess my question is, do I resize my HD footage using the wireframe to match the SD footage? Or vice versa?

Now, if I go the SD route will it be widescreen or 4:3?

Sorry for all the questions. Note to self - try not to mix frame rates ever again!!!!!

Thanks

Jeff
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Your DVX on timeline should be SD wide 24PA.

The 1080i T2i source at 30fps is incompatible. Needs conversion.

1. decode h.264
    2. deinterlace
    3. downsize to 720x480 with frame rate conversion 29.97 to 23.976

Since I haven't done this in FCP, I'll let others suggest methods.
    Recommends: Kiva.org - Loans that change lives.
    http://www.kiva.org/about
    Quote Quote