VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi,
    I use Sony Vegas 10. I made a short video (ten minutes) for a school project. The video has slideshows, video and animation. I need help for rendering. I want my video to be high quality (size is not an issue, I'll burn it to disc). Second and the most important, the video must be playable on most systems. In short, it must be a popular video format and high quality. I'm considering 720p resolution. Could you suggest me a codec and settings for that codec?
    Thanks
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    i'd try the sony avc encoder and use the "internet 720p" preset at either 25 or 30fps depending on your source. should be playable on most current devices and it works fine for uploading to youtube also.
    --
    "a lot of people are better dead" - prisoner KSC2-303
    Quote Quote  
  3. Thanks for the quick reply. Can it be played on a Windows after installing just Quicktime (and nothing else)?
    Btw, is there lossless audio option for that codec?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    quicktime handles mp4 afaik. no common lossless audio for avc/mp4 type video. aac or mp3 mostly. apple lossless is in the spec but don't count on anything playing it back if you were to use it.
    --
    "a lot of people are better dead" - prisoner KSC2-303
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    What version of Windows ? Windows 7 plays back H264 in an MP4 container natively.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote