VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    I was wondering if anyone using MediaCoder's x64 version is experiencing video noise using this version while coverting DVD video with Windows 7. If I use the 32bit version all is well, but the 64bit shows noise in the video. My computer is 64 bit with an Intel i5 core processor. I tried the CUDA encoder as well as the x264 encoder and the outcome is still the same. I have this problem all x64 versions of this software, not only build 5175.

Is anyone else experiencing this issue?
    Do unto others....with a vengeance!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    not that i've seen in the latest version of mediacoder 64bit. can you post a screenshot with the noise and one of the source file please?
    --
    "a lot of people are better dead" - prisoner KSC2-303
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Click image for larger version

Name:	problem video.JPG
Views:	202
Size:	37.7 KB
ID:	7876

Here goes a copy of one scene from one of the videos. You can see the video noise in the image. It looks looks like cross hatches.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    just looks like bad settings in the encoder. try file/revert all settings and then start over.
    --
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I tried that as well, I even reinstalled it several times and still the same results. If I use the 32bit version it works fine. I also noticed that the files that are created have errors and freeze up towards the end, especially on long encodes such as movies, this happens on the 32 and 64bit versions.

I prefer this encoder because the video is very sharp It looks very close to the original file and not soft and overly smooth like other encoders such as Freemake and Tmpgenc Video Mastering Works. I would use Freemake if I was able to control the sharpness settings.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    your system may be using the wrong codecs for the 64 bit version. everything needs to be 64 bit. maybe uninstall both 32 and 64 bit versions and only re-install 64.

it's beginning to sound like a hardware problem though. possibility is a bad ram stick. use a mem test program to rule it out. i've never seen any changes from beginning to end on any encode, from mediacoder or any other encoder.
    --
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by aedipuss View Post
    your system may be using the wrong codecs for the 64 bit version. everything needs to be 64 bit. maybe uninstall both 32 and 64 bit versions and only re-install 64.

it's beginning to sound like a hardware problem though. possibility is a bad ram stick. use a mem test program to rule it out. i've never seen any changes from beginning to end on any encode, from mediacoder or any other encoder.
    Thanks aedipuss for all your help. I went to the nVidia website and downloaded the latest version of the drivers for my video card and it cleared up the video issue I was having. The CUDA drivers worked without any problem.

Thanks again.

Quote Quote