VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I use MeGUI to convert MKV's with DTS/AC3 to AAC sound in the MKV. I use the one click encoder and leave the video unconverted.

More often than not, it will begin by extracting the audio track successfully and will then proceed to pre-processing, where it will hang indefinitely. It doesn't go anywhere. It's been left for hours with no results. Normally it pre-processes for a couple seconds max, but not in this case.

Any ideas what the problem is? I've had quite a few successful runs at this, so I can't nail down what the problem is exactly. As of right now it just seems to be random, but then I don't know much about MeGUI as I'm new.

Any help is greatly appreciated.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Update: it seems that AC3 and DTS files don't work equally when it's the same file. I had an MKV with DTS that I converted to AC3 using Popcorn, and it didn't work either. Makes me think it's something to do with something inside the file.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Problem solved.

It was apparently other files in the container giving MeGUI problems. Could have been having more than one audio file, but if I use mkvmerge to remove everything but the video and the audio in question, remux that and try to convert it works fine.
    Quote Quote