VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    Hi!

I have this movie, a BR rip to .mp4 and I want to convert it to xvid using VD.
    But when I load the file on VD there appears only two black screens and if I push
    the play button the slider shows the file is being played but the screen stays black
    and there is no sound too.

I tried to convert it with Xilisoft avi converter but the output is horribly distorted.
    I need to edit some parts of this file so I need help to be able to use it in VD.

The mediaInfo txt file [of the original file ] and the .avi file [ Converted sing VD ] is attached please help me out.

Thanks & T.C.

p.s: I have all the codecs and filters installed too.
    Image Attached Files
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Xilisoft is crap. Try XmediaRecode, Xvid4psp (version 5 - choose Avid hardware) or even Freemake
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks for the suggest: but I need more information as to the reason of being a failure in converting
    the original file with VD.

I'll look up those programs later, as for now I still need the VD solution.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    My guess is that you don't have the right codec plugins for virtualdub. Most likely for AAC or AC3 audio. Have a read of this
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by s_joy09 View Post
    I have this movie, a BR rip to .mp4 and I want to convert it to xvid using VD.
    But when I load the file on VD there appears only two black screens and if I push
    the play button the slider shows the file is being played but the screen stays black
    and there is no sound too.
    Which source filter are you using in VirtualDub? Try using the pulldown at the bottom of the Open File dialog to specify which source filter to use. Try both the MP4 and DirectShow plugins (download and install them if necessary). Also try using the "Ask for extended options..." feature and try different settings.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Guy's I have all the plugins for VD in the plugins file. I have also installed xvid, quicktimeAlt, ACM, x264vfw.1924kMod.x86.

In one of my previous post of 19th July 2010 (Newbie/General Discussions- Simple guide for Virtual Dub Mod) I've had help from DarrellS, Calidore, Ai Haibara and have configured VD according to their suggestion. And haven't had any problem until this
    file came along.

Believe me I've tried every possible way I could think of except for converting and burning the file to a DVD and then extracting it to avi [as the process is long]. And wanted to know if there is any other way, but I guess not.

Thanks for your time and effort, T.C.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Did you try what I suggested? Manually specify the DirectShow source filter? What happened? The MP4 source filter is borked. Get rid of it.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Hi s_joy09,
    Try on Drag Drop Convert, encode you file to FFmpeg for video and Mp3 for audio then you can edit in Virtual dub with full quality of you mp4 file.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    @jagabo yes it worked this time actually when you first mentioned about it I did not understand the process and didn't try
    just now it came to me and the screen has pictures but it is not playing any sound so, what do I have to do to get that.

@richter03- I've downloaded the non install version and I'll give it a try now, will let you know how it works out.

Thanks & T.C.

P.S:- @jagabo- I'd like to appologise for the above comment about the audio. Yes everything is working properly
    including the audio. actually I'm converting it right now.

Thanks again. Keep up the great work you guy's are doing here.
    Last edited by s_joy09; 19th Jul 2011 at 00:17.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    richter03- Do I need to install mp4Box to make this program work cause it is asking for it on fact it's saying " cannot find mp4Box.exe" kind of
    thing after I drop the file. Please tell me what should be done.

Thanks & T.C.
    Quote Quote  
  11. <Edit>
    I upload New install of version 1.0.0.1, download this link should be no problem.

================================================== ============
    If you download Non install v1.0.0.1 (Request V 1.0 Non install),
    1. You must download Non install file V1.0
    2. Extract "Non install file V1.0", in your folder will have "Drag Drop Convert.exe" and folder "CLI" content command language interface.

3. Extract Non install v1.0.0.1 and replace to "Drag Drop Convert.exe" in #2 folder.
    4. Enjoy you encoding.

If you download publish install vesion(Click once install) it should not has a problem but it will automatic install to "Local Settings/Apps" folder.

Ps. I will add full version of Non install file soon, I'm sorry for this trouble.
    Last edited by richter03; 19th Jul 2011 at 01:42.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    richter03- I've downloaded the followings

1. DDC1001-BIN
    2. DDC 1001
    3. DDC-BIN
    4. DDC -Bin-Upgrade- 1000 To 1001

And tried everything but couldn't get the program to work. I've also dL the install version but running the setup shows a massage that says " could not download the program and applications are missing."
    Quote Quote  
  13. Did you install .Net framework 3.5 sp1 on your windows ?
    Quote Quote