VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. So I've been at this for two weeks now and still not a lot of head way. I have an original MKV HD file (I know, ugh!) that I tried to convert to AVCHD. Tried everything possible, MultiAVCHD, AVCHDCODER, PSP2Xvid, Free Make, Imtoo HD Converter, etc. Trust me, everything out there. So ultimately I want to mux it to AVCHD disk using TSMuxer. So nothing was working, meaning my end program TSmuxer was not letting me "add" any of these MP4 or converted files. Just errors constantly. MP4, M2TS (as MP4), H.264, 23.976 FPS, 24 FPS, 720, 1080, every tech spec possible, nothing. The closest I got was using MKVextractGUI, extracted the video to H.264. Then I found out when extracted that the sound was ADTS and this was the cause of Muxing errors. So I used FLV to convert it to AC3. Then added the extracted H.264 video and the AC3 sound to TSMuxer and was successful at muxing a playable AVCHD disk. However, it is a 2.35:1 aspect ratio video, when I muxed it together and played it back on my BR player, the 2.35:1 is squeezed to 1.85:1 (16x9)...ugh! Damn MKV to hell. So I then used Imtoo HD to convert it once again (the extracted H.264 video) leaving the spec just like the original, H.264/AVC HD, level 4.1, 23.976 but expand it to anamorphic 2.35:1. Left out the sound just process the video. The resulting MP4 file plays 2.35:1 on nero and wmp, but now I'm back to square one for TSMuxer will not import it in to mux it with the AC3 for a final AVCHD disk. So anybody with any advice? What am I doing wrong? Where did I go wrong? Can I use some other program to mux? Can I convert the Mp4 to AVCHD so that TSmuxer would accept it. I'm starting to give up hope on this video and just watch it as a downgraded dvd quality rather then it's HD resolution original. Man, I hate MKV.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Handbrake should correct the issue by setting > Picture > Anamorphic = none ... of course it means re-encoding source.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Awesome. I'll give that a try. Handbrake was my swan dive. Thanks a ton!
    Quote Quote  
  4. Works great! THANKS!!!!!
    Quote Quote