VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Does anyone have any advise when using the logo remover filter from MSU? I am trying to remove the date and time from a video i made wearing a camera hat. It's slow going. Here is the video. Maybe you can offer a suggestion on how to delete the date and time. I can input the correct date and time in each video i produce, but sometimes the date and time text file does not stay in the camera hat's folder. I know the logo remover can remove it. I just need to find out how to use the filter. The pdf'd instructions are not too clear.

The video is a very small recording inside a 7-Eleven store.

thanks for your help!

http://www.dropshots.com/sneezer#date/2011-07-16/19:57:59
    Quote Quote  
  2. Why don't you just crop 16 lines from the bottom of the frame?
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Sorry, I'm not sure how suggesting that the video be cropped answered the question he asked. He asked how to use MSU Logo Remover. If you didn't have an answer to that, you should not have replied.

I will assume you have the plugin downloaded and in your plugins folder.

1. Start Virtualdub
    2. Load your video
    3. Select Video>Filters>Add and choose MSU Logo Remover.
    4. In the dialog box, choose the attributes of your logo (transparent, opaque, etc). You will also notice that there are two passes required, the first one to analyze the video and the second to actually remove the logo. You will also note a TV image with check boxes to indicate where in the video the logo appears. Make your selections.
    5. Hit OK to exit the filter's properties and then OK again to exit Video Filters dialog.
    6. Hit File>Run Video Analysis Pass (Let it run)
    7. Go back into filters and this time tick Second Pass
    8. This time choose File>Save AVI

Notes:

- This post only covers the MSU Logo Remover filter, you have many other settings to be aware of, that are covered in other tutorials. This post assumes you know the general workings of Virtualdub. If you do not, it is recommended that you first view some basic tutorials first.
    - Be sure if you are using multiple filters, that MSU Logo remover is the first filter in the list. If it is not, Virtualdub will crash.
    - Be sure to set your video compression settings before saving the final AVI. If you don't, you will output an uncompressed video that could be many GB in size.

Hope this helps.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thank you for the suggestion! I will try that. It's been forever since i had been on this website. I will definitely attempt my first use of the logo remover.

thanks again!
    Quote Quote