VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    Hi guys I am new here and don't know if I post the thread at the right place!
    Actually I need some help from these professional forum user lol.
    My family ask me to buy some thing where I can store movie, photo etc and then plug into TV to play through different cables (connectors) such as USB, HDMI etc. I went looking on eBay where I found HD media player centre with different storage capacities. I keep searching and searching and finally found some thing like HDD recorder and it says you are able to record channel from TV through HDD recorder and I want to know if I can record the channel from digital satellite receiver with HDD recorder, (My digital satellite receiver name is STRONG SRT 3650). Can you guys tell me if HDD recorder can record channel from digital satellite receiver??? I also heard that some of the HDD recorder have WiFi feature too.
    Sorry for bad Inglish!

Cheers for your help!
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Welcome Bazza11

Be easier just to upgrade your unit to something like the Strong srt 5425 .

1: Record to any usb external device
    2: Is 3D tv ready (tv must also be 3D ready)
    3: Play back ... tested jpeg, avi (xvid+mp3), mp3.

Devices with wifi in almost ever case I've heardso far are a disappointment ... works but dont expect perfection.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search PM
    Thanks Bjs...
    I am not quite interested to upgrade my Satellite receiver. I want to buy something completely seperate device so that I can store files in it and move it to other rooms to connect with other TVs. I went to Dick Smith today and they show me something DVD HDD recorder ???with 320gb hd (don't quite remember, my brain intel was made in 1988 very old lol,,, poor memory) and said you can record from normal Tvs, Austar Satellite etc cos they have AV IN but the cost was around $600 .
    Quote Quote  
  4. Mod Neophyte Super Moderator redwudz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Bazza11, in the future please use a more descriptive subject title in your posts to allow others to search for similar topics. I will change yours this time. From our rules:
    Try to choose a subject that describes your topic.
    Please do not use topic subjects like Help me!!! or Problems.
    Thanks,

Moderator redwudz
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    You can only connect such devices and record via ANALOGUE signal onto the target device.

Buying a sat receiver with PVR option is always the better idea.
    *** Now that you have read me, do some other things. ***
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search PM
    I apologize to Moderator for putting stupid thread title... SORRY!

OK guys I have bought what I was looking for? It is called HD Media Player with recording capability (also come without recording capability) with recording capability one you record channel into internal or external HD or some have dvd recorder and you can record your video on DVDs. You can store video, audio files, photos etc. I found the device from eBay site and asked the seller if I can record channel from digital satellite and they replied yes you can, simply connect yellow, white and red connector from your satellite output (video, audio output) into HD media player AV-IN.
    The media player I bought is NOONTEC version V6, other versions have wifi capability. I can help you if you got any question.

Thanks for those who replied to my thread!
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    As you describe it the unit will record from digital TV but only in analog 480i. Might not be exactly what you want if you want to (eventually) record in High Definition.

Your player is this one(?):

http://www.iboum.com/pr/noona6p.php
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search PM
    No mine is a bit different, here is a link from ebay http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Noontec-V6-1-5TB-HDMI-HDD-Network-Media-Player-Recorder-/14...ht_8700wt_1139

you can search noontec v6 on ebay if the above link doesn't work. The one in your link is Noontec A6 while mine is Noontec V6.

I don't know much about multimedia devices so I don't know what does 480i mean? I have not explore the whole setting of my unit so I don't know if it record in HD quality or SD quality but however I am fully satisfied with current recording quality. When I need to record something I just simply press record button and it record at 720x576 25fps. that is all I know.

Plus the unit I bought is chinese stuff and sometimes the remote doesn't work properly but the unit is really cheap in price. so you know cheap stuff aren't made of high quality tech but it still worth your money.

Note: I am typing this comment while I am half asleep, so sorry if my comment doesn't make any sense. (Plus my English isn't too good and I did my best)
    Quote Quote  
  9. At the resolution you quoted it is recording in PAL SD.
    If I'd known I was going to live this long, I'd have taken better care of myself.
    Quote Quote