VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. ... why my Panasonic Viera TX50V20 TV will not play AVCHD files via my media streamer and SD card, says the file format is not supported. I have used the software to convert and managed to get some AVCHD files but just don't understand why the TV won't play them.

I put them into the correct folder structure etc, but they just don't get played. They are *.MTS files is this part correct, I am using MultiAVCHD software found on this forum..

Can someone please help me....
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    --
    "a lot of people are better dead" - prisoner KSC2-303
    Quote Quote  
  3. Mod Neophyte Super Moderator redwudz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    dobien, in the future please use a more descriptive subject title in your posts to allow others to search for similar topics. I will change yours this time. From our rules:
    Try to choose a subject that describes your topic.
    Please do not use topic subjects like Help me!!! or Problems.
    Thanks,

Moderator redwudz
    Quote Quote  
  4. I have tried converting the file with the links provided in that thread but still no joy...

Could I just convert to WMV? Or DivXHD? what would be the best app to use.

Thanks
    Quote Quote  
  5. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    dobien - You're not going to want to hear this but TVs were never designed to be "plays anything" devices. I know that consumers want them to be that, but at this time they are not such devices. They are very restrictive about what they will play. You have 2 choices here.
    1) You can spend the next few years converting tons of videos to formats that your TV will play. Maybe by the time you buy your next TV it really will "play anything". I don't know.
    2) You can get on with your life and stop the conversion madness by just buying a small form factor media streamer such as one of the Western Digital models or something similar and letting it play the videos as they are - no conversion required.

No offense but choice #1 is insanity and I don't help out insane requests. If you really place no value on your spare time and want to go this route then others here can help you.
    Quote Quote  
  6. I have a Xbox that I would just stream WMV files, but just wish to know if I can convert AVCHD to WMV formats.
    Quote Quote