VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    Hi,please help!

I have subtitles that i convert from dvd used VSrip but that dvd was PAL system & i want to put that subtitle in to MKV & after i put that subtitles in to my MKV but not sync.

my question is how to sync that subtitle?

many thanks.
    Quote Quote  
  2. If VobSubs (IDX/SUB), you can convert the framerate from 25fps to 23.976fps using such programs as SubtitleCreator.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search PM
    Yes,it's IDX/SUB. I have tried with several ways but no luck at all,like:

-sub resync in VobSub packcage.
    -BDSup2Sub.

I wil try use SubtitleCreator later.

thanks.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by manono View Post
    If VobSubs (IDX/SUB), you can convert the framerate from 25fps to 23.976fps using such programs as SubtitleCreator.
    Well, if i open sub/idx SubtitleCreator always say:

Error reading subtitle number 1 (Index was outside the bounds of the array.)

any idea what's wrong with that subt?

thanks.
    Quote Quote  
  5. I don't know what's wrong. How did you create the VobSubs? VSRip? Maybe try a different program, one such as VobSub Configure (included in the VobSub package)

Sometimes opening them in Sub Resynch and just saving them again will fix them.

Me, I usually extract SUP format subs when demuxing using PGCDemux. I convert to VobSubs and also change the framerate in SubtitleCreator at the same time.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search PM
    I don't know what's wrong. How did you create the VobSubs? VSRip? Maybe try a different program, one such as VobSub Configure (included in the VobSub package)

Sometimes opening them in Sub Resynch and just saving them again will fix them.

Me, I usually extract SUP format subs when demuxing using PGCDemux. I convert to VobSubs and also change the framerate in SubtitleCreator at the same time.
    VSRip is very easy tool for me,it's great,simple & fast & also can convert Close Captioned.

if i convert subtitles from dvd NTSC to put into MKV 23,976 i got no problem,audio & subtitle are very suitable. but,if from PAL to NTSC i got the big problem

Allright,i will try what you have said above.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search PM
    My problem solved using BDSup2Sub.

@manono: thanks for your response & try to help.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by axl70 View Post
    If VobSubs (IDX/SUB), you can convert the framerate from 25fps to 23.976fps using such programs as SubtitleCreator.
    Well, if i open sub/idx SubtitleCreator always say:

Error reading subtitle number 1 (Index was outside the bounds of the array.)

any idea what's wrong with that subt?

thanks.
    I know that this is a really old thread, but perhaps someone else came across this error, so here goes:
    The error you describe is most likely connected to the file's character coding format.
    If the .srt/.txt or any other text subtitle has been saved in UTF-8 instead of ANSI, SubtitleCreator throws this error.

To change that, open the text subtitle in an editor of your choice (Windows "Editor" will do, or Notepad++...).
    - In Windows Editor you click "Save as"
    - when the pop up asks you, where to save, look out for the little drop-down beneath "file type" (am using the German version, so don't know its exact English name) and there
    - choose "ANSI", then save with a new name if you will,
    because certain symbols and special characters will not be displayed correctly after that, musical notes, for example.

So you might want to check first, if the display still suits your needs. Now it should open without problems in SubtitleCreator.
    Or you may use something like AVIAddXSub, which deals with UTF-8 correctly.
    But you won't be able to change the timing in there.
    So you may try this:
    - First change the timing of the text format subs with SubtitleEdit,
    - then use AVIAddXSub...

Hope this is of help to someone.
    Quote Quote