Here is Simple Guide for....
to convert DD5.1 AC-3 448 / 640 to stereo....
Tool Used : Audacity latest release with FFMPeg plugin.
1) Make sure your 5.1 ch AC-3 source is genuine from BD or DVD and matrix is not tempered.
2) Import/Open AC-3 file into Audacity.
3) Split all channels to mono and remove tracks 3,4,5,and 6.
Keep Track 1 (Left) and Track 2 (Right) (if SMPTE and ITU standard mapping is followed)
(But, you are the best judge to decide which one to drop among Track#2 and #3.)
To make stereo tracks mono, follow these instructions:
select and remove tracks 3,4,5,and 6 individually.
- Click on the downward pointing arrow at the top of the Track Control Panel to reveal the Track Pop-Down Menu, then click "Split Stereo Track".
- Click on the same arrow at the top of one of the tracks and then "Mono" using the same menu.
Keep Track 1 select as Left and Track 2 select as Right.
4) Merge Track 1 and Track 2 to stereo. and apply other filter to suite your taste of listening.
5) Export as a wav (for CD 44100Hz).
I hope someone can post post pics, or moderators can freely improve this guide with PICs. Please!!!
I have seen lots of improvement in latest release of Audacity as recently updated to latest SVN from obsolete one. Thanks to Audacity Team and all other members for keeping it improving.
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 4 of 4
Last edited by Bonie81; 10th Jul 2011 at 14:19.
can't you make pics? prnt screen, paste in paint.net, upload in your post.
MEGA Super Moderator
i am not experienced and pro like you for making a nice guide with precise steps and nice pics.
steps mentioned above are correct.
take a full liberty and full charge to modify this one as you wish.
Delete attachment pic as it is duplicated.
Last edited by Bonie81; 7th Jul 2011 at 18:48.