VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    I need to have an easy software so I can post videos
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    probably windows movie maker for free windows software. Should be preinstalled on windows xp and higher.

I would say imovie for mac but have never used it myself. i don't know if imovie is free with the os or if its a separate purchase.

Just be aware that "easy" software doesn't mean "best" software. A lot of point and click programs don't have the flexibility you'll want as you get more complex in your projects.

Remember a lot if not all the big programs should have trialware you can download to test out before you buy.
    Donatello - The Shredder? Michelangelo - Maybe all that hardware is for making coleslaw?
    Quote Quote  
  3. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    My Sanyo Xacti records in MPEG4 and Windows Movie Maker will not open it. How can I convert my MPEG4 to MPEG?
    Thanks,
    Josh
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    You could try the free version of prinnacle spain.

http://www.videospin.com/Redesign/
    Video Spin, for PCs, is free video editing software from Pinnacle. Video Spin is specifically designed to take the complexity out of video editing, but it still includes tools, transitions and effects so you can easily jazz up your videos.
    Quote Quote  
  5. what kind of editing?

if you just need simple cuts, avidemux should do the trick for your xacti
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    free has cost.
    Recommends: Kiva.org - Loans that change lives.
    http://www.kiva.org/about
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by yoda313 View Post
    probably windows movie maker for free windows software. .
    I would NEVER suggest WMM under any circumstance.

Adobe Premiere Elements is about as easy as it gets.
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003YV62CM/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&tag=thdifa-20&link...SIN=B003YV62CM
    Want my help? Ask here! (not via PM!)
    FAQs: Best Blank DiscsBest TBCsBest VCRs for captureRestore VHS
    Quote Quote  
  8. Originally Posted by edDV View Post
    free has cost.
    Exactly. Have a look at MAGIX Movie Edit Pro 17 Plus HD.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I wouldn't worry about it much, the OP probably won't be back...
    Name:  banned.jpg
Views: 31721
Size:  13.2 KB
    Quote Quote  
    drifting, somewhere on the Sea of Cynicism
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by lordsmurf View Post
    Originally Posted by yoda313 View Post
    probably windows movie maker for free windows software. .
    I would NEVER suggest WMM under any circumstance.

Adobe Premiere Elements is about as easy as it gets.
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003YV62CM/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&tag=thdifa-20&link...SIN=B003YV62CM
    Looks quite promising, per this Amazon page. But a list of supported / not-supported video file formats would have been nice.
    When in Las Vegas, don't miss the Pinball Hall of Fame Museum http://www.pinballmuseum.org/ -- with over 150 tables from 6+ decades of this quintessentially American art form.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    What about Womble Video Wizard? I guess for simple editing.
    It Started In Texas
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    womble isn't intuitive at all, down right nasty to start learning.
    --
    "a lot of people are better dead" - prisoner KSC2-303
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by V Bot View Post
    What about Womble Video Wizard? I guess for simple editing.
    I have it and have used it. .MPG only, so add a conversion step, if your material did not happen to be in that format. (Why I mentioned the "supported formats" list.)

Don't know if I would go as far as aedipuss' description, but it's not that readily accessible. Perhaps there are some decent guides available (?) I'm not terribly skilled with it, just managed to figure out some basic stuff with it through trial and error.
    When in Las Vegas, don't miss the Pinball Hall of Fame Museum http://www.pinballmuseum.org/ -- with over 150 tables from 6+ decades of this quintessentially American art form.
    Quote Quote  
  14. If you're uploading to Youtube, it has an easy editor, youtube.com/editor
    Quote Quote  
  15. Originally Posted by Seeker47
    I have it and have used it. .MPG only, so add a conversion step, if your material did not happen to be in that format. (Why I mentioned the "supported formats" list.)
    It accepts avi, DV, mp4 etc too, not just mpeg2. I find it very intuitive & easy to use!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Here's a pretty decent PDF Guide for Womble
    http://www.womble.com/download/index.html

I know, it requires more steps, but it's fairly easy to use.
    It Started In Texas
    Quote Quote  
  17. I have tried several different video editors and I like AVS video editor. They all seem to be very similar but AVS works better with my slower Pentium 4 1.6ghz. As a matter of fact, it says it requires a 2.8ghz processor but I am actually doing fine with it at 1.2ghz less. Can't say the same for the other editors I've used. For playback, I do it at about 75% speed and then it plays fine. I also like their separate AVS video converter program too. I don't like the AVS menu editors like for making DVDs. They are rather clumsy for placement and text so I just use Nero to make menus. But Nero is a pain too in that I can't seem to increase font size in the menu. Perhaps, I should create the font name of movie in a photo and then import it. Cost is not that much for AVS's entire suite of editors. It's a good learning editor because all the editors seem to work in a similar fashion.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by johnharlin View Post
    I have tried several different video editors and I like AVS video editor. They all seem to be very similar but AVS works better with my slower Pentium 4 1.6ghz. As a matter of fact, it says it requires a 2.8ghz processor but I am actually doing fine with it at 1.2ghz less. Can't say the same for the other editors I've used. For playback, I do it at about 75% speed and then it plays fine. I also like their separate AVS video converter program too. I don't like the AVS menu editors like for making DVDs. They are rather clumsy for placement and text so I just use Nero to make menus. But Nero is a pain too in that I can't seem to increase font size in the menu. Perhaps, I should create the font name of movie in a photo and then import it. Cost is not that much for AVS's entire suite of editors. It's a good learning editor because all the editors seem to work in a similar fashion.
    I don't make any fancy menus (so far), just very basic ones, so take that into consideration re the following comment. AVStoDVD is a free program, and one of those made up of FFMPEG and a few other constituent programs that have been cobbled together, but in such a way that it works seamlessly and in a rather straightforward manner. I've found that its template-based Menu Editor is simple enough, and gets the job done. It has been flexible enough for anything I've wanted to do in a menu. If the developer can arrange that -- in a free program -- I don't see why this should be such a problem for payware programs.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    LuluBlue , welcome to our place.

Next time check the date of the post, your are two years too late.
    Quote Quote  
  20. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by bendixG15 View Post
    LuluBlue , welcome to our place.

Next time check the date of the post, your are two years too late.
    Just another spammer. User banned.
    Quote Quote