VideoHelp Forum

Try StreamFab Downloader and download from Netflix, Amazon, Youtube! Or Try DVDFab and copy Blu-rays! or rip iTunes movies!

Try StreamFab Downloader and download streaming video from Youtube, Netflix, Amazon! Download free trial.

+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I bought this DVD on ebay and it is completely unwatchable. It looks like an interlace problem. Is there any way to fix this? I have tried Vdub de-interlacer but it didn't work.

Help!

Click image for larger version

Name:	awful01.jpg
Views:	190
Size:	77.6 KB
ID:	7680
    Quote Quote  
  2. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    I'd bet almost anything that it's a VHS to DVD transfer. Our AviSynth experts may be able to help you a little, but don't expect miracles here. There's only so much you can do with a poor quality source. Some people may want you to post a short sample (30 seconds should be enough) so if you have the ability to extract such a sample you should go ahead and get it ready in case someone asks you for it. A sample including this section would be good.

Let us know if your problem is something you are seeing on a PC or if you see it on a TV or both. Also if you are playing it on a PC, let us know what you are playing it with.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I will try to post a video clip of it. The problem shows up on everything e.g. TV DVD player, PS3, my sister's DVD player, and on my computer Cyberlink Power DVD player. It also shows like this with Windows media player and Real Player (basically everything available).
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    return it.
    --
    "a lot of people are better dead" - prisoner KSC2-303
    Quote Quote  
  5. looks like it has been improperly resized when interlaced
    Quote Quote  
  6. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by aedipuss View Post
    return it.
    That may be easier said that done. SOME sellers may agree to a return. Others may argue that they never promised crystal clarity and you did get exactly what you paid for. Some video programs are so rare that the original poster may truly have no other way to get the video and may just simply have to live with it and try to fix it as best as possible.
    Quote Quote