VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    OK... newbie on the site... and I've done some searching and am coming up with nothing. Here's my problem:

I'm trying to video capture video on my PC. Seems simple enough, right? HOWEVER... I am trying to capture video of the output of screen magnifier software (Magic, for example) - the software zooms in on a portion of the screen and treats the portion of the logical screen as the full screen. So... if you zoom 2x, the user sees only a portion of the screen magnified. Moving the mouse around moves the viewable magnified portion of the screen. You can zoom from 2x all the way up to 36x.

The problem is that all video capture software on the PC I've been able to find always captures the full normal screen regardless of the zoom setting.

I have discovered that the VGA out does show the actual zoomed screen. So, if I have a video projector or external display attached to my PC, if the screen magnifier is zoomed, the projector or external display also show the zoomed screen, not the full normal screen.

So... I have a Sony DCR-TRV320 and I was thinking I should be able to capture the video to my camcorder somehow. I have an iLink (1394 Firewire) cable but cannot figure out how to capture the PC video. My PC - a Lenovo Thinkpad T400 - only has VGA out (the typical 15-pin D-shell) and a 1394 4-conductor port. I have verified that I can capture video from my camcorder to my PC via Windows Movie Maker. I have found various programs that will send an AVI file back to the camcorder... but I want to capture the actual screen contents as it is being played.

The camcorder also has an A/V connector... but that cable is a 3-conductor 1/8" mini jack (don't know exactly what to call it) on the end that plugs into the camcorder and it goes to RCA jacks on the other end... and there are no RCA jacks on my laptop.

How on earth can I do this? Do I need to find some way to convert from VGA to RCA and use the A/V connector? Kinda beating my head on the wall with this one - I'm sure it's simple, I just don't know. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated - thanks in advance!
    Quote Quote  
  2. HI
    seems like you going to do some detailed works so here is the video youtube link which might be useful for you for screen magnifier

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QdiiK9Pl0Jo

Cheers
    Quote Quote