VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. hi there, i just invested in a new hd tv for use with my ps3, my problem is that the videos i try and play have all reduced quality than what they used to be on my old CRT screen. the videos are now pixelated and no where near the quality they used to be. they were all dvd rips that were originally mkv files. i used mkv2vob to convert them into mpg but on the new screen they dot look anything like dvd rips. is there any way i can improve the quality or anything.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Welcome to the wonderful world of HD. All those crappy videos that looked so good on your old set are now shown warts and all on your new set.

Curious as to how you are using your PS3 to watch MKV files, as it doesn't support the format. maybe that has something to do with your quality issues ?
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
  3. i converted the mkv files to mpg so that i can play it on my ps3. i have read that if i get blu ray videos they will be better quality. is there any way i can get these to stream over the internet even though they dont play on my pc properly
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    You don't say how you converted the files, however I strongly suspect that is where you lost all your quality. You are better off just re-ripping the original DVDs to MPG files (or just playing the discs).

You can use PS3 Media Server to send the videos wireless to your PS3.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    You can use TsMuxer to remux the MKV to a M2TS file without re-encoding.
    Quote Quote