VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi,
    I wanna buy a new camcorder. So I downloaded some *.MTS-files from videoaktiv.de for testing AVCHD-Video editing. But it don't works like the DV-camcorders I already have. Poor quality when creating a DVD (even with Vegas Pro)
    I thought it would be better to buy a Canon XH A1S (HDV/DV) than a Sony HDR-AX2000E (AVCHD/MPEG-2) ("E" -> I'm from Germany).

But I don't know what to buy. What do you think?

Maybe a MXF-Camcorder would be an option?? Or a DSLR??
    Quote Quote  
  2. I can burn a avchd DVD and play it on my Blue Ray player and it looks just fine on the TV.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by flashandpan007 View Post
    Hi,
    I wanna buy a new camcorder. So I downloaded some *.MTS-files from videoaktiv.de for testing AVCHD-Video editing. But it don't works like the DV-camcorders I already have. Poor quality when creating a DVD (even with Vegas Pro)
    I thought it would be better to buy a Canon XH A1S (HDV/DV) than a Sony HDR-AX2000E (AVCHD/MPEG-2) ("E" -> I'm from Germany).

But I don't know what to buy. What do you think?

Maybe a MXF-Camcorder would be an option?? Or a DSLR??
    We have covered the pro/con of HDV vs AVCHD formarts many times. Also the limitations of DSLR vs camcorder designs. Suggest you search the previous threads then return with specific questions.

If you intend to shoot at HD resolutions, but downsize for 720x576 DVD, there are special considerations especially when shooting 1440x1080i or 1920x1080i. The better methods utilize AVIsynth filters.`

Another major issue is the CMOS "rolling shutter" issue vs the 3xCCD classic broadcast camera designs. Most pro cams still use 3xCCD sensors to avoid these "jello frame" issues.

In summary, it depends on the types of video you want to shoot, your budget and the power of your CPU for editing/encoding. Major considerations are hand held vs tripod shooting and audio issues. DSLR's in particular need camera stabilization and are poor for audio.
    Last edited by edDV; 22nd Jun 2011 at 14:16.
    Recommends: Kiva.org - Loans that change lives.
    http://www.kiva.org/about
    Quote Quote