VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    I am running ffdshow for use with multiAVCHD. It's an mkv to avchd conversion program. It converts mkv's into proper bluray files and folders and it works quite well.

ffdshow is also the codec multiAVCHD uses for it's conversion.

I had it installed when trying to extract the ac3 from some avi's files with ac3 audio. VDM errors out when I open an avi in it. WMP stopped functioning as well.(I didn't notice WMP immediately, so not sure if it was ffdshow that caused it to stop.

I unistalled ffdshow and installed Xvid(Koepi's) and VDM started functioning as normal and WMP is working. No more errors.

So what I have to do now is uninstall ffdshow and install Xvid if I want to rip my avi's. And then uninstall Xvid and re-install ffdshow when I want to convert mkv files to the proper bluray files and folders. This is time consuming and very redundant. So the question becomes, can ffdshow do both type of rips and if so, I guess there are some settings in the software I will need to make. I am unfamiliar with the settings of ffdshow so some guidance is seriously welcomed.

Any help is greatly appreciated!!!

System Details:

Asus Rampage III Extreme, BIOS 1301, Chipset N/A, CPU Intel I7 980X,
    Memory OCZ OCZ3RPR1600LV12GK, Video Card Asus (ATI) EAH5970 (Core Clock 725MHz), SSD OCZ Revodrive SSD240, 2x WD RE4 2003FYYS, Optical Drives Pioneer BDR-206BK, Water Cooling CPU waterblock EK Supreme HF, EK Motherboard Waterblock EK-FB RE3, EK GPU EK-FC5970 Waterblock, Case Mountain Mods Extended Ascension, Operating System Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit
    Last edited by jwmghf; 23rd Jun 2011 at 12:49. Reason: tried to add a signature.
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    We have a section for such tools, like avchdcoder, bdtoavchd, rebox.net, https://www.videohelp.com/tools/sections/all-in-one-mkv-to-mp4-avchd-ts

But mkv to avchd/bd it NOT any blu-ray ripping. Moving you to our video conversion section.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks Baldrick.

System Details:

Asus Rampage III Extreme, BIOS 1301, Chipset N/A, CPU Intel I7 980X,
    Memory OCZ OCZ3RPR1600LV12GK, Video Card Asus (ATI) EAH5970 (Core Clock 725MHz), SSD OCZ Revodrive SSD240, 2x WD RE4 2003FYYS, Optical Drives Pioneer BDR-206BK, Water Cooling CPU waterblock EK Supreme HF, EK Motherboard Waterblock EK-FB RE3, EK GPU EK-FC5970 Waterblock, Case Mountain Mods Extended Ascension, Operating System Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit
    Quote Quote