VideoHelp Forum

Poll: How much bandwith do you get from your isp?

+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    I get up to 400gb now.
    I think,therefore i am a hamster.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    comcast u.s. - 250gb limit.
    --
    "a lot of people are better dead" - prisoner KSC2-303
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Last that i recall.. bandwidth is the speed of the internet connection, not the amount of internet traffic that you get for a month.
    I have bandwidth(speed) of 10240/768 Kbps, and traffic limit of 40GB a month(9 euros).
    Quote Quote  
  4. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by pirej View Post
    Last that i recall.. bandwidth is the speed of the internet connection, not the amount of internet traffic that you get for a month.
    I have bandwidth(speed) of 10240/768 Kbps, and traffic limit of 40GB a month(9 euros).
    Bandwidth can also be calculated for the amount you use in a month so it applys.
    I think,therefore i am a hamster.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Technically it is unlimited. Practically speaking my user agreement says it can be capped if my ISP feels I'm using too much. What constitutes too much is undefined.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Sympatico, 60GB combined - on the plus side you get tech support from a country that they do no business in and generates none of their income.
    Quote Quote  
  7. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Unlimited. 100mbits.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Unlimited

But a person can still only download so much in a month.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Unlimited monthly allowance. 10Mbits but traffic management reduces download and/or upload speed to about 25% for a number of hours if you go over daily usage limits.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Unlimited, and if I remember the literature correctly 50Mbits down stream and 20Mbits upstream on Verizon FIOS, NJ/NY.

--dES
    "You can observe a lot by watching." - Yogi Bera
    http://www.areturningadultstudent.com
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    unlimited
    Quote Quote  
  12. I get unlimited, since my ISP does not enforce its posted limits. I rather like it this way.
    Quote Quote  
  13. Mod Neophyte Super Moderator redwudz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    No limits on bandwidth, but the throughput is is maxed out at 2Mb/s down and 1Mb/s up. Not very fast, IMO.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I have no idea.

I have comcast internet in lower Michigan. I think I'm around 5mb/s down, I don't know what my upload is.

However I have no complaints about speed. I watched the GREEN HORNET on VUDU on my ps3 last weekend in 720p with 5.1 sound and had 0 buffering issues - wired lan of course.

I have also been watching a lot of streaming netflix on my xbox 360 and ps3 with no buffering issues. I'm happy.
    Donatello - The Shredder? Michelangelo - Maybe all that hardware is for making coleslaw?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    100GB (1mb/s up), (10mb/s down) on my Charter plan. Need to go up to the next tier to get 250GB.
    -The Mang
    Quote Quote  
  16. I have comcast and the silly 250gb limit. Downloading speed is supposed to be "up to 15mbs", which is ~15,000 kb. It seems they throttle torrents and any other type of download.

I had to get a small seedbox to avoid the silly cap. However when I download a file via FTP from the seedbox, they throttle that down to about 70 kb, and on a bad day the download rate will be throttled to about 16 kb. However I found with bitkinex ftp program, I could have multiple logins to my ftp, and I have it download each file into 12 simultaneous downloads. This usually gives me about 850 kb speed, which is something I can tolerate.

How can you advertise high download speeds then throttle it down to a snails pace, 24 hours a day? At least I have found a way to live with it!
    Quote Quote  
  17. As far as I can tell I have an unlimited quota (no monthly cap). I pay for 12 Mb/s download and 1.5 Mb/s upload. Speetest.net usually shows about 25 Mb/s download, 6 Mb/s upload.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    comcast. 250GB a month.

Quote Quote