VideoHelp Forum

Poll: What's your favorite Star Trek movie?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2
FirstFirst 1 2
Thread
  1. What I always wondered was why do they have to mine dilithium crystals? Why can't they just replicate 'em?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by chowmein View Post
    What I always wondered was why do they have to mine dilithium crystals? Why can't they just replicate 'em?
    Because they wouldn't have those episodes with the dire consequences if they run out of crystals.

FYI in the 24th century they can recomposite the crystals inside the chamber essentially making them last forever if I get that right. Can't remember which tng epsiode that was but it was maybe the episode they brought SCOTTY on.

I do remember Star Trek 4 talking about you can't do that in the 23rd century and that was why they needed to get the nuclear material from the aircraft carrier (checkov to kirk - I've found it keptin, and its on the ENTERPRISE! - even though 4 isn't one of my favorites I can still quote it - more or less).

edit - fyi don't forget replication didn't come along until TNG time which was the 24th century by the way.
    Last edited by yoda313; 18th Jun 2011 at 18:14.
    Donatello - The Shredder? Michelangelo - Maybe all that hardware is for making coleslaw?
    Quote Quote  
  3. Thank you, sir! I forgot that reference in TNG.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by chowmein View Post
    Thank you, sir! I forgot that reference in TNG.
    You're welcome. I am here to serve.
    Donatello - The Shredder? Michelangelo - Maybe all that hardware is for making coleslaw?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I like the one where Scotty tries to talk to the Mac. When it doesn't respond, he tries to use the mouse as a microphone "Computer !".

My favorite Star Trek scene.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hShY6xZWVGE&feature=related
    Last edited by edDV; 19th Jun 2011 at 15:17.
    Recommends: Kiva.org - Loans that change lives.
    http://www.kiva.org/about
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by edDV View Post
    I like the one where Scotty tries to talk to the Mac. When it doesn't respond, he tries to use the mouse as a microphone "Computer !".

My favorite Star Trek scene.
    Fyi its Star Trek 4 when they are trying to get the company to make them "transparent aluminum".

I'm not sure which TNG episode it is but they call the glass in the observation lounge transparent aluminum. I think its the one when they are in a nebula and the ship is going in and out of phase and that crewmember slips through the deck and merges with it.
    Quote Quote  
  7. DECEASED
    Search Comp PM
    Nah, "transparent aluminum" is 100% Vorlon technology.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by El Heggunte View Post
    Without googling it were the vorlons the tng aliens in the first risa episode? The one introducing vash? The aliens that came back in time to find that whatever it was device that was supposed to blow up a star or something?
    Quote Quote  
  9. Originally Posted by lordsmurf View Post
    I don't like any of them.
    "And a double dumbass to you!"
    "Oh, him? He’s harmless. Part of the free speech movement at Berkeley in the sixties. I think he did a little too much LDS."

I like them all but Star Trek IV is my favorite.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by El Heggunte View Post
    I'm so familiar with that "Tea" break (~4PM) BBC test slide. We had to wait while the staff sipped tea. Never knew exactly when they would be back with shows.
    Recommends: Kiva.org - Loans that change lives.
    http://www.kiva.org/about
    Quote Quote  
  11. Member
    Search Comp PM
    The Vorlons were a mysterious and powerful alien race in the Babylon 5 universe.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Have you guys seen this?
    http://youtu.be/8ZBTDlvShYg
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by usually_quiet View Post
    The Vorlons were a mysterious and powerful alien race in the Babylon 5 universe.
    Thanks for the info. I've only seen a few B5 episodes so I am not well versed in that universe.
    Quote Quote  
  14. DECEASED
    Search Comp PM
    Quote Quote