VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I'd like to create a video file with music and a static image for Youtube.

I'd like to use VirtualDub, but so far I didn't manage to make it work, the video ends up being 0.5 seconds long. Is it even possible with VirtualDub?

If not, what would be a simple (lightweight, portable) program to do this?
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    In Virtualdub under Video>Frame rate select "Change so video and audio duration matches".
    Quote Quote  
  3. Thanks a lot!
    Quote Quote  
  4. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    And welcome to our forum!
    Quote Quote  
  5. Yeah, cheers.

One more thing tho. When I try to use Xvid compression I only see a black screen in VLC and Youtube says there's an error and it can't convert it.

Do you have any idea?
    (Other compression formats/codecs work, but they don't look too good.)

EDIT: had to increase FPS from 0.018 or so to 1 (or more) with Frame rate conversion. It works now in VLC and Youtube. (If there's a better solution let me know.)
    Last edited by benquo; 10th Jun 2011 at 15:33.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    For YT videos use X264 on VirtualDub encoder.

Get here: X264 VFW
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I'm also trying to essentially upload an mp3 with a still image onto youtube.

I have virtualdub, and have tried the whole day to create an avi that I can upload, to no avail. My audio is 2 and a half hours long, so at one frame per second I have 9000 frames, however, the audio seems to restart with every frame...

Does anyone know how to make the audio play non-stop through frames, that is, not restart with every new frame?

By the way, I've also looked at many online websites such as mp32tube mp32u, etc, but they all have a size limit.
    Quote Quote  
  8. have you tried something like:
    Code:
    ffmpeg -i still.png -i audio.mp3 -acodec copy -vcodec libx264 output.mp4
    in a console using ffmpeg?
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks for the quick reply!

Yes, I heard about FFMpeg, and downloaded a zipped file with a bin, doc, licences, and presets folders for windows 32bit from zeranoe. I tried changing the path of my environment variable, and then tested ffmpeg, but the following error comes up every time.

ffmpeg.exe - Entry point not found

The procedure entry point strncpy_s could not be located in the dynamic link library msvcrt.dll

I am a beginner at this stuff, so if someone could kindly point out some major mistakes, (or not) that I have made, that would be a great help.
    Quote Quote  
  10. download and use the static build from zeranoe and if you run into problems post the exact command line you use inside code-tags
    Quote Quote  
  11. Member
    Search Comp PM
    The problem is I don't think that I have installed it correctly, when I type "ffmpeg.exe" in command prompt, the error I described above always comes up. Is there another way to check if I have installed it correctly?
    Quote Quote  
  12. you shouldn't have to install it only extracting the ffmpeg.exe should be enough,... now that I think of it, you might need to have a visual studio runtime (probably for 2010 - http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=5555) installed,...
    Quote Quote  
  13. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I installed it.
    The error still comes up, do I have to reboot?

Btw thanks for the help
    Quote Quote  
  14. after installing the runtime, probably. (also depending if you are using ffmpeg 64bit or 32bit you need the matching runtime)
    Quote Quote  
  15. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Ok, I was using 32 bit. Do you know what's happening with the error-

ffmpeg.exe - Entry point not found

The procedure entry point strncpy_s could not be located in the dynamic link library msvcrt.dll
    Quote Quote  
  16. msvcrt.dll<- Visual Studio Runtime
    the error seems to indicate that either you got the wrong runtime or something is off with the one you use
    (or some virus scanner, personal firewall or similar is running amok)

if you are using WinXP -> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/324762/en-us might also be interesting
    Quote Quote  
  17. Member
    Search Comp PM
    So I replaced the msvcrt.dll file, by finding the version that they said I should use, and the error still comes up...

I also rebooted.

I have symantec endpoint protection, and disabled that but it still didn't work

How can I remove the error?
    Last edited by keke; 12th Jul 2013 at 18:17.
    Quote Quote  
  18. What OS are you on?
    Win2k isn't supported any more by ffmpeg: http://ffmpeg.zeranoe.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=470
    on other OS some one over in Zeranoes forum suggested installing the visual studio 6 runtime, see: http://ffmpeg.zeranoe.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=142
    Quote Quote  
  19. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I'm on Windows xp sp3 Professional
    Quote Quote  
  20. Just tried in a VM and got the same error (and I used this VM with older versions of ffmpeg).
    I then randomly picked an older version (http://ffmpeg.zeranoe.com/builds/win32/static/ffmpeg-1.2-win32-static.7z) and that worked fine. -> seems like something changed in the last month.
    -> since you don't need any new features of ffmpeg the older version should be fine
    Quote Quote  
  21. Member
    Search Comp PM
    YES! It works, now all I have to do is learn all these commands. Thanks heaps for your help!! I'm a complete beginner at FFMpeg, and thought it was something wrong with my computer, thought I maybe messed up some dll files, or environment variables or something, never knew that it could be something as simple as trying an older version.
    Quote Quote  
  22. DECEASED
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks for checking and reporting ,

BTW qyot27 has given an answer already:

This is because of a change in the pthreads-w32 CVS. I encountered it after I updated to GCC 4.8.1 but didn't realize anything was wrong until I'd gotten x264 and FFmpeg built. Thankfully, none of the aggregate libraries seem to be affected by pthreads doing this, so it seems relatively benign. The binaries as distributed will work fine on Vista and higher since the version of msvcrt.dll has the secure API functions necessary. If WinXP is a target, pthreads needs a little patching.

The relevant excerpt from my cross-compiling guide for FFmpeg and mpv:

Code:
    Dependency: pthreads-win32
    ==========================

cd ~/mpv-build-deps
    cvs -d :pserver:anonymous@sourceware.org:/cvs/pthreads-win32 checkout pthreads
    cd pthreads
    sed -i '143 s/ARCH)/ARCH) $(XCFLAGS)/' GNUmakefile

# For Windows XP users only:
    sed -i 's/ -DMINGW_HAS_SECURE_API//' GNUmakefile

sed -i -e '60i#ifdef MINGW_HAS_SECURE_API' \
         -e '61i#else\n  strncpy(name, tp->name, len - 1);\n#endif' pthread_getname_np.c

sed -i -e '46i#ifdef MINGW_HAS_SECURE_API' \
         -e '47i#else\n  strncpy(name, tp->name, len - 1);\n#endif' pthread_attr_getname_np.c

# Build the library
         make GC-static CROSS=i686-w64-mingw32- \
         XCFLAGS="-mfpmath=sse -march=pentium3 -msse -mtune=pentium3"
    mkdir -p pthreads-w32/lib pthreads-w32/include
    cp libpthreadGC2.a pthreads-w32/lib
    cp pthreads-w32/lib/libpthreadGC2.a pthreads-w32/lib/libpthread.a
    cp pthread.h sched.h semaphore.h pthreads-w32/include
    cd pthreads-w32
         sudo checkinstall --pkgname=pthreads-w32-mingw --pkgversion="$(grep \
         PTW32_VERSION include/pthread.h | head -1 | sed -e 's/ PTW32_VERSION /\t/g' \
         -e 's/,/./g' | cut -f2)-cvs" --backup=no --deldoc=yes --fstrans=no \
         --default cp -R * /usr/i686-w64-mingw32
    For all anyone knows, though, it may get fixed properly on pthreads-w32's side, so those special WinXP instructions may cease to be necessary in the long run.
    Quote Quote  
  23. DECEASED
    Search Comp PM
    Code:
    http://ffmpeg.zeranoe.com/builds/win32/static/ffmpeg-20130718-git-fc6de70-win32-static.7z
    seems to be OK again
    Quote Quote  
  24. Thanks for the info!
    Quote Quote