VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4
FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    OBKB... Here is the link https://files.secureserver.net/0sNvDBCggtVSv5. It seems to work ok now even with duration. it pulls the duration with MediaInfo (included) and converts it to standard 00:00:00,000 time as the end time. I made the Command line MediaInfo run without the CMD screens popping up so that's a plus I think.

The folder boxes source and destination are entered by 'File' dropdown,. source button, or drag and drop (drag a file and it will automatically enter the folder name. The test button is the button to create the subtitle files in the folder. I used the same one for source and destination so they would all be in the same folder. It works for me but it's late and I didn't want to recompile to change the test buttons name something more appropriate like "Create Subtitles" LOL

Since I'm an amateur programmer, I would suggest you put several COPIED files in a folder and try it out first. My program does nothing with the originals except query the Duration but its always save to test with copied files first.

I didn't test for error recovery if something like a text file with no duration is in the list. Let me know if you have problems. I'd like to make it work or change for suggestions. (My layout suck) If you have problems send me screen shot if possible or a full explanation.

Thanks
    Budman1
    Quote Quote  
  2. Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!! I“m testing it tomorrow morning and i“ll tell you how it goes. But i want to thank you right now !
    Quote Quote  
  3. Hi Budman1. How are you? Thank you very much again for your help!!
    I was trying the program, but when i execute the application this error comes up:
    [Attachment 50003 - Click to enlarge]

And this comes in Details:
    See the end of this message for details on invoking
    just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
    System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException: Could not find a part of the path 'C:\Users\Bud\Desktop\FileName_Subtitle\FileName_S ubtitle\bin\Debug\Work\budman.ico'.
    at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
    at System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy, Boolean useLongPath, Boolean checkHost)
    at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share)
    at System.Drawing.Icon..ctor(String fileName, Int32 width, Int32 height)
    at System.Drawing.Icon..ctor(String fileName)
    at FileName_Subtitle.Main.Main_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) in C:\Users\Bud\Desktop\FileName_Subtitle\FileName_Su btitle\Main.vb:line 370
    at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnLoad(EventArgs e)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnCreateControl()
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl(Boolean fIgnoreVisible)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl()
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Mes sage& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.ContainerControl.WndProc(Mess age& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WndProc(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.O nMessage(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.W ndProc(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
    mscorlib
    Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.18408 built by: FX451RTMGREL
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll
    ----------------------------------------
    FileName_Subtitle
    Assembly Version: 1.3.1.15
    Win32 Version: 1.03.01.15
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/MARIA5/Desktop/FileName/FileName_Subtitle.exe
    System.Windows.Forms
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
    System.Drawing
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
    System
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
    To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
    application or computer (machine.config) must have the
    jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
    The application must also be compiled with debugging
    enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
    <system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
    </configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
    will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
    rather than be handled by this dialog box.

And if i execute the program, the subtitle shows the time instead of the filename:
    [Attachment 50004 - Click to enlarge]

I'm sorry to bother you, but can you fix it please?
    Image Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	03-09-2019 7-55-23.jpg
Views:	123
Size:	44.6 KB
ID:	50002  

Last edited by TISHTA; 3rd Sep 2019 at 01:10. Reason: uploading image
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Yes. Looks like I inadvertently hardcoded my path instead of arbitrary one where your app path resides. I'll look at it.

Update:

New code link: Subtitle from video name 1.03.02.17 https://files.secureserver.net/0sxhKfTTWXaZLv

Okay the error
    Could not find a part of the path 'C:\Users\Bud\Desktop\FileName_Subtitle\FileName_S ubtitle\bin\Debug\Work\budman.ico'.

It was because the program was looking for my perpetual life icon in a hardcoded path. It should now find it in the work folder (subdirectory under the folder where the .EXE resides): C:/Users/MARIA5/Desktop/FileName/work/budman.ico

And if i execute the program, the subtitle shows the time instead of the filename:
    What does the created subtitle actually look like?

Let me know.
    thanks
    Last edited by Budman1; 3rd Sep 2019 at 01:39.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Known other problems
    There is a problem where it sometimes shows complete filename instead of folder when drag drop used. Fixed
    It ignores Destination folder and puts SRT files always in Source folder. Will be fixed.

Budman1

Update
    Subtitle from video name 1.03.02.19 https://files.secureserver.net/0sy0P6YmTsGnN2 sould fix the above bugs.

I enjoy fixing this but it's about 01:30 AM and I have rehab tomorrow so must ge to sleep. Any problems message me and I will fix after rehab.
    Last edited by Budman1; 3rd Sep 2019 at 02:16.
    Quote Quote  
  6. You have fixed the first error, but it still showing the time instead the filename:
    [Attachment 50005 - Click to enlarge]

I've tried again the TimeDateSRTCreator, and there is a small difference in the srt files that may be the solution:
    [Attachment 50008 - Click to enlarge]

[Attachment 50009 - Click to enlarge]

In the TimeDateSRTCreator's generated srt there are two dashes, but in the FileName_Subtitle's generated srt there is only one. May be this can be the problem?
    Quote Quote  
  7. I've just read well your message. Sorry to bother you. Take your time. Get well soon and thanks again.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Looks like you may be right. Some online examples of SRT subtitles are wrong Nd since I usually deL work with SSA/ASS Subtitles, I guess I got it wrong. I'll fix in a short while after rehab.

I'm not really ill... have had heart failure for years so exercising it several times a week
    On a treadmill keeps me moving for the rest of the week. I love it. Lol
    Quote Quote  
  9. I hope you are always well. Gym and rehab is always good for our health. Hope you always keep doing well!!!
    And don't worry take your time to fix it.
    Another time thank you very much and take care
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Update:
    1. Ok I fixed the dashes problem. Funny VLC plays as you mention, Potplayer (That I use...) plays the subtitles OK anyway, and MPC-BE won't show them at all with one dash.
    2. Also tried to fix (hope its fixed) where drag and drop would not always report the folder but sometime previous folder, sometimes the whole filename. It's evidently a bug in this piece of
    crap Visual Studio 2019.
    3. Added the feature where you can drag drop folder or file. Both will now load only the folder name and associated files.

Latest version is Subtitle from video name 1.03.02.21 https://files.secureserver.net/0sn1qF5qDganrv.

I downloaded it from my storage and it runs OK for me now.

Let Me know.
    Budman1
    Quote Quote  
  11. I've downloaded the file, but when i try to unzip it an error occured. I've tried with winrar and with 7-Zip and an error keeps showing:
    [Attachment 50010 - Click to enlarge]

Sorry to bother you again, but can you fix it? O may be i need to unzip it with some other program?
    Thank you
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Yes I will rezip entire list of files. And post the new zip after I test it.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Do not know why unzip would not work for you but I revamped program with several improvements:
    Version 1.03.06.02 https://files.secureserver.net/0sI4DSVo6dG6TS

1. If invalid (.TXT,.SRT, etc.) it will not create any subtitles and displays ERROR message
    2. Clears subtitle box when Source loaded (if the Source is a different designation than Existing one)
    3. Removed MediaInfo.exe and MediaInfo.dll from work folder

[Attachment 50011 - Click to enlarge]

[Attachment 50012 - Click to enlarge]

Not valid
    [Attachment 50013 - Click to enlarge]

5 second setting
    00:00:00,000 --> 00:00:05,000
    CGOP
    --------------------------------
    G50_25_Test_Pattern
    surfing-PP1-on-then-off
    testt
    Duration setting
    00:00:00,000 --> 00:07:57,000
    CGOP
    -------------------------------
    00:00:00,000 --> 00:02:24,000
    G50_25_Test_Pattern
    00:00:00,000 --> 00:00:16,400
    surfing-PP1-on-then-off
    00:00:00,000 --> 00:10:23,000
    testt
    Uploaded and then downloaded and tested Version 1.03.06.02 without problems unzipping`

Let me know how it works
    Winzip
    Quote Quote  
  14. Thank you, thank you, thank you!!! Sorry for making you waste so much time in this program, but it is very helpful for me.
    Take care. God bless you!!!
    Quote Quote  
  15. Member
    Search PM
    Hi All,

Original programmer checking in, didn't realise there was more responses to my original post. Does the titling instead of the time need to be added as an option or if everything being covered by the seperate app that Budman1 has created?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    @time2innov8 Not sure what you mean. What would you like to be able to do? Have Title AS WELL AS the time? Just the Title? Let me know.....
    Quote Quote  
  17. Member
    Search PM
    Hi @Budman1

I just read back through the thread and seen the other use someone wanted of the original app for the title instead of the time which you have accommodated. I was just wondering if there is any benefit in including this functionality in TDSRTC by having the filename be added using a specific sequence in the custom date string.

Stuart
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Ahhhhh. I see you are the creator of TDSRTC... Probably wouldn't hurt and probably be easier for you to add that rather than Me adding Time. Would depend on if you add the Name as an either/or/and combination. Would render my program obsolete but that's fine. People would have a choice then if the just wanted the name.
    Quote Quote  
  19. Member
    Search PM
    Finally got round to having a look at my code again, I have added the requested option to display the filename instead of the time/date. I do not think i have "broke" any functionality in the process but if there's any issues, let me know. I have included the filename without the extension and in short format (no path)

Stuart
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Hi time2innov8,
    glad to see you back.
    would you be able to make the option for command line to include in batch files?

What I'd like to do is add a command line for the time/date extraction at the beginning of the batch to automate the whole thing. Something like c:\encode\timedateextrator.exe -i "%%a" "%%~na.srt" so I can just pull those right in without having to extract the time/date then set up the batch file.

That way I don't need to run time/date extractor from the gui then start the batch file.
    Thanks!
    Melde Melda Vessė
    Eruanna ar Eruntano Melda Eruntanohini

"May your days be bright and contact with stupid people limited."
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Not sure what you mean...if you want to run it as a command line yes. The program already does batch and creates an art for each file in folder into one set. Can you explain what you mean by not having to pull them on first?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Ok if I read correctly, you want to run as command line and directly create the set subtitle file without getting dates and then pressing test button. Correct?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I would like to put TimeDateSRTCreator.exe first in my batch file so it creates the srt and then just have it go into the re-encode. That way, I don't need to run the gui and then start the bat.

so

c:\encode\timedateextrator.exe -i "%%a" "%%~na.srt"

rem below converts from mp4 to DV - 720x480
    for %%a in (*.mp4) do "c:\encode\ffmpeg" -i "%%a" -vf "subtitles=%%~na.srt:force_style='Fontsize=8,P rima ryColour=&HFFFFFF&'" -target ntsc-dv -aspect 16:9 -an "%%~na.dv"

rem below converts to avi for import into premiere pro 1.5
    for %%a in (*.dv) do "c:\encode\ffmpeg" -i "%%a" -c:v copy -vtag dvsd -f avi -aspect 16:9 -an "%%~na.avi"
    Last edited by lantern; 24th Jun 2020 at 12:04.
    Melde Melda Vessė

Quote Quote  
  24. Member
    Search PM
    Re command line use, it's not something I've used previously, will have a look at what's involved and see what I can create from the visual application.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Thank you time2innov8
    Melde Melda Vessė

Quote Quote  
  26. Member
    Search PM
    Here is my attempts at creating a command line application to create the .srt files

https://drive.google.com/file/d/11I46g4hlev4GYfpgDcWXHT9yOoUJuJFF/view?usp=sharing

You need to have MediaInfo.exe in your path enviroment

The basic usage is:
    Code:
    tdsrtc filename
    You can also specify the date formatting with extra arguments:
    Code:
     tdsrtc "hh:mm:ss*dd MMM"
    this also allows the * to add a second line to the output

If you want to add the extra milliseconds at the end of the file duration seconds count to the output file, add anything as a second argument, this requires you to also specify the date format, unless you need something different from the default use the F parameter. Therefore the command to add milliseconds would be formatted as:

Code:
    tdsrtc F anything
    The .srt file will be created in same directory as the source filename.

Let me know if it needs other functions, or something is not being processed correctly.

time2innov8
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Thank you so much!

I'm trying to run it with an * in the commandline.
    C:\encode>tdsrtc *.MTS

Unhandled Exception: System.ArgumentException: Illegal characters in path.
    at System.Security.Permissions.FileIOPermission.HasIl legalCharacters(String[] str)
    at System.Security.Permissions.FileIOPermission.AddPa thList(FileIOPermissionAccess access, AccessControlActions control, String[] pathListOrig, Boolean checkForDuplicates, Boolean needFullPath, Boolean copyPathList)
    at System.Security.Permissions.FileIOPermission..ctor (FileIOPermissionAccess access, String[] pathList, Boolean checkForDuplicates, Boolean needFullPath)
    at System.IO.Path.GetFullPath(String path)
    at Microsoft.VisualBasic.FileIO.FileSystem.NormalizeP ath(String Path)
    at Microsoft.VisualBasic.MyServices.FileSystemProxy.O penTextFileWriter(String file, Boolean append, Encoding encoding)
    at tdsrtc.Module1.Main()

C:\encode>pause
    Press any key to continue . . .
    Melde Melda Vessė

Quote Quote  
  28. Member
    Search PM
    Hi,

I didn't expect you to add *.extension, if you add only a single filename it will work, I can add the *. option if it's needed
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    If you could, I would appreciate it. I typically have several video files from a project in a directory. My goal would be to have tdsrtc run at the beginning of my batch file and pull srt files for all the videos so I could hard code them in the conversion.

Thank you so much!
    Melde Melda Vessė

Quote Quote  
  30. Member
    Search PM
    Lantern,

Download the zip file on the Google Drive link again, I have updated the tdsrtc.exe file, which I am identifying as version 0.1.
    It handles all files in the folder path defined in the command line.

You can even omit the filename as long as the directory path to the files ends with a \

Make sure MediaInfo.exe is in the same folder as tdsrtc.exe otherwise it tries to launch the GUI.

time2innov8
    Quote Quote