VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4
FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by okv View Post
    However, one bug remains. In the merged srt file, the time codes are listed like this:

Code:
    00.00.00,000 --> 00.00.01,000
    However, it should look like this (with colons instead):

Code:
    00:00:00,000 --> 00:00:01,000

Hopefully, this should be relatively simple to fix. Thanks again for your great software.
    Confused!!

In the app the time/date format is specified correctly using the following line:

textWriter.AppendLine(subtitle_date.ToString("HH:m m:ss,fff") & " --> " & subtitle_date2.ToString("HH:mm:ss,fff"))

When I run the program I get the correct output in the files created.

00:00:59,293 --> 00:01:00,293
    23 January 2016 19:45:04

00:01:00,293 --> 00:01:00,586
    23 January 2016 19:45:05

Not sure why the colon would be interpreted as a dot, unless it region related.

Will do some more investigation.
    Quote Quote  
  2. I have done some more testing with 1.5, and dots appear instead of colons in the SRT files regardless of whether the merge function is used or not. I also went back and tried version 1.4 and found that this problem does not occur there.

It might be a regional or OS issue (Norway, Windows 10 64 bit), but strange that it happens only in version 1.5. Sorry that I can't be of more assistance. A workaround for me would be to use the "find - replace"-function in Word.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search PM
    It turns out for VB.Net the colon can be interpreted differently based on the system locale, the reason it happens from version 1.5 is it was necessary to change the time counting method to facilitate the changing milliseconds parameter. I have modified the code to treat the time as a string and replace any dots with colons in the latest update (version 1.6)

Hopefully this resolves the error being experienced!
    Last edited by time2innov8; 24th Jan 2016 at 10:13.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by time2innov8 View Post

It might be a regional or OS issue (Norway, Windows 10 64 bit), but strange that it happens only in version 1.5. Sorry that I can't be of more assistance. A workaround for me would be to use the "find - replace"-function in Word.
    It turns out for VB.Net the colon can be interpreted differently based on the system locale, the reason it happens from version 1.5 is it was necessary to change the time counting method to facilitate the changing milliseconds parameter. I have modified the code to treat the time as a string and replace any dots with colons in the latest update (version 1.6)

Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by time2innov8 View Post
    Yes, it works perfectly now (I just used it to create a single subtitle from 200 video clips). Great job
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi time2innov8, thanks for coming up with this script, its just what I needed. I have a Sony CX-550 camcorder which records to AVCHD .M2TS file. When I use Mediainfo to analyse the .M2TS files, there's no encode time. Apparently, Sony puts the DateTime info in another .MODD file. Is it possible for you to make an enhancement in your script to take both the .M2TS and .MODD file as inputs?
    Quote Quote  
  7. It is very useful tool - it saves a lot time. But it is problem, if tagged date or time inside files is wrong. I propose to insert a switch for manual selecting whether to use tagged time or file creation time for srt creation (because this is editable in simple way). Is it possible? Thanks for response.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by pteng View Post
    Hi time2innov8, thanks for coming up with this script, its just what I needed. I have a Sony CX-550 camcorder which records to AVCHD .M2TS file. When I use Mediainfo to analyse the .M2TS files, there's no encode time. Apparently, Sony puts the DateTime info in another .MODD file. Is it possible for you to make an enhancement in your script to take both the .M2TS and .MODD file as inputs?
    pteng,

Is the creation time/date of the .M2TS not sufficient, if the script doesn't find the encode date it should fall back to the actual file info.
    If that won't work can you upload a. MODD file and I will see what can be achieved

time2innov8
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by slio View Post
    It is very useful tool - it saves a lot time. But it is problem, if tagged date or time inside files is wrong. I propose to insert a switch for manual selecting whether to use tagged time or file creation time for srt creation (because this is editable in simple way). Is it possible? Thanks for response.
    slio,

You can offset the time by up to 99 hours, does this not achieve the desired effect?
    I can add editable text boxes to modify the date/time if that's a better solution.

time2innov8
    Quote Quote  
  10. modification of the offset is good if you have time shift in your camera.
    But if you have e.g. 10 files and one of them you have to edit, then the date/time is changed (to present time) and is no way to change it back in subtitles, especially in case of joining all subtitles of the files into one subtitle file (and that is strong function of your tool). I have proposed to add simple switch to use date/time of file creation instead of time/date stamp inside file, because is no problem in simple way to adjust it as you desire using system tools.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi time2innov8, thanks for the reply. Ok, the Create time changes after I import the video into pc but fortunately Sony names the video filename to the create time. I use Advanced Renamer to change Create time to the video filename. Now I can use your script, thanks!
    Quote Quote  
  12. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi time2innov8,

found a new problem, the script works fine with just one .M2TS file, but when I try to generate multiple .SRT from a folder of .M2TS files, it gives me 'No Files to Process' error. I'm attaching a .M2TS file, maybe you can take a look at it? Try making multiple copies of it in a folder and run the script to create multiple .SRT from folder, you will see the problem.

The script works fine for creating multiple subtitles from folders of .MOV or .MP4 videos, only had problem with .M2TS videos.
    Image Attached Files
    Quote Quote  
  13. Member
    Search PM
    Version 1.7 uploaded.

.M2TS multiple file bug fixed, file type was missing from folder process!!

Added option buttons to select source for time/date data from MediaInfo encode, file creation or file modify

time2innov8
    Quote Quote  
  14. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi time2innov8, thank you so much... its perfect now.
    Quote Quote  
  15. Hi time2innov8, the switch time/date source is perfect. Good work.
    Quote Quote  
  16. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi time2innov8, I have a folder of .MOV and .M2TS files and I needed it generate subtitles and merge into one subtitle file. I need the subtitles to be sorted by DateTime created or modified regardless of file type. But, it looks like the script is sorting by file type (MOV) first, then by datetime. Can you fix this? Thanks!
    Quote Quote  
  17. Member
    Search PM
    Version 1.8 uploaded

File sort ordered based on time/date and not file type

time2innov8
    Quote Quote  
  18. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi time2innov8, thanks for the update. But it looks like .MP4 files are no longer recognised in the latest rev. It won't create .SRT files for MP4 files either by File or by Folder.
    Quote Quote  
  19. Member
    Search PM
    Version 1.9 uploaded:

Added optional log file creation, code modified to ignore case on file extension

time2innov8
    Quote Quote  
  20. time2innov8, seems like a wonderful tool. The sourceforge post for the tool instructs that VB2 is needed -- wha-aat? I'm not a programmer in Visual Basic, I'm confused what's needed to run this, based on that note.
    Quote Quote  
  21. Member
    Search PM
    The application is written in VB.Net, microsoft provide free runtime files to allow apps written using .Net to run on pc's. The chances are if you have an up to date operating system you have will have a version of the runtime already installed. The minumum level is 2.0 but any higher level will be backwards compatible. In case you don't any installed here is the link for version 2;
    https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=1639
    Quote Quote  
  22. Member
    Search PM
    In response to a request from a member (via pm) and in case anyone else has an interest I have made the full VB project code available on github at https://github.com/time2innov8/tdsrtc-
    Quote Quote  
  23. I've found your program very useful. But I was trying it with my mpg videos of my SOny camera and it did'nt work. I receive this messagge
    Processed file: C:\Users\45\Desktop\Nueva carpeta (3)\1.mpg
    Invalid File detected: C:\Users\45\Desktop\Nueva carpeta (3)\1.mpg
    Invalid File: C:\Users\45\Desktop\Nueva carpeta (3)\1.mpg
    I've also tryed it with an mp4 video and it did'nt work
    Can you help me please. I really need this program.
    Thank you very much
    Quote Quote  
  24. My problem have been solved. I've replaced the MediaInfo.dll and MediaInfoNET.dll with the ones that come in this download https://sourceforge.net/projects/mediainfonet/?source=typ_redirect and now everything works fine. I think this program is perfect. Thank you very much
    Quote Quote  
  25. Member
    Search PM
    That's great you resolved the issue yourself, if you experience any other issues or want to suggest an additional feature get in touch.

time2innov8
    Quote Quote  
  26. Hi time2innov8. It's TISHTA again after a long time...
    This program has been very useful for me. Thank you very much.
    But now I need something similar. I have many videos but instead of the date I need them to have the filename title as a subtitle. Can something like this be made with a similar program o may be this program can be alterated?
    I don't know if you are still updating Time & Date Subtitle File Generator, and I'm sorry to bother you, but can you help me please?
    Thank you very much
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Just complete filename without path or extension? Displayed for the whole movie? Need different sizes for different aspect videos? Selectable font size? Bottom Center Location?
    Thanks
    Quote Quote  
  28. Thank you very much for your attention Budman1.
    I need just the filename without the extension or path.
    It doesn't matter if it's not for the whole video movie (each video is 3 min aprox.). All the videos are 16:9. It doesn't matter the size and font. And it will be ok if it's in the bottom center. The most important thing is that it can generate srt for multiple videos.
    Thank you very much for your help
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Okay since no one has updated for what you want yet, I came up with a quick and dirty (well just no bells and whistles) Windows Program. I tested it on Windows 7 and it works unless you select the entire duration and it is longer than 1 hr.. I have to fix that yet but the drop down 5, 10,30,60 seconds works.

[Attachment 49990 - Click to enlarge]

Creates srt files in folder with video files with just names of video.
    [Attachment 49991 - Click to enlarge]

The output depends on your Player as is the case since they are SRT and have limited placement, size, etc.
    [Attachment 49992 - Click to enlarge]

Subtitles look like the image below
    [Attachment 49993 - Click to enlarge]

Haven't finished debugging but does it look like it will fit your needs? Hope I understood what you wanted. Pay no attention to the red outline on the player. PotPlayer just allows you to select the subtitle when the player is paused.
    Last edited by Budman1; 1st Sep 2019 at 05:05.
    Quote Quote  
  30. Thank you very very much. Exactly that's what I need. Thank you for your time and work and for "getting dirty" for my program. I donīt need it for more than a couple of minutes so donīt worry, i wonīt select the entire duration. Again, thaaaank youuu for your time, knowledge and good vibes!!!
    Quote Quote