VideoHelp Forum

Try DVDFab and download streaming video, copy, convert or make Blu-rays,DVDs! Download free trial !
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi all, here's an interesting question for everybody. I have a project where the footage was shot in HD (1280x720, 16:9). I will keep the timeline in that HD, but want to know, what is the easiest way to export it to SD for DVD?

I usually use Compressor to export it for use in DVD Studio Pro, is there a way that I can change a setting in that to make it work?

Another way is to export the file into Quicktime (changing the file to SD of course) and then import it into DVD Studio Pro.

Which would be the easiest way to do this?

Thanks so much for your help!

T
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Either will be fine to do, both will take the same amount of time.
    With Compressor, you can set the preset to 720 x 480 and play
    Around with the bitrate settings using a BitRate Calc to tweak it
    To get the optimal quality.
    "Everyone has to learn, so that they can one day teach."
    ------------------------------------------------------
    When I'm not here, Where can I be found?
    Urban Mac User
    Quote Quote  
  3. Thank you Terry! I noticed that Compressor has a button I can change from HD to SD, to BluRay...would just selecting the "SD" be alright or should I put the preset 720x480 in there as well? (And where should I put the 720x480 preset?)

T
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Selecting the SD selection would be fine. If you are creating or tweaking a preset manually,
    you would add / make sure that the 720x480 setting is there, in the aspect ratio setting.
    "Everyone has to learn, so that they can one day teach."
    ------------------------------------------------------
    When I'm not here, Where can I be found?
    Urban Mac User
    Quote Quote  
  5. ...or I could just do this...edit everything in HD, and then export to a regular QuickTime SD file (using JPEG - A), then make a new timeline and bring in the QT SD files and them send everything to Compressor. That way I would not have to change anything...which seems like the easiest way to handle things.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Huntr777 View Post
    ...or I could just do this...edit everything in HD, and then export to a regular QuickTime SD file (using JPEG - A), then make a new timeline and bring in the QT SD files and them send everything to Compressor. That way I would not have to change anything...which seems like the easiest way to handle things.
    Wouldn't that just take the SD footage and make a BluRay disc from it (at SD quality?).
    Quote Quote  
  7. I do not think so, because I am transcoding it over to QT...but changing it to JPEG -A...what say you Terry?
    Quote Quote