VideoHelp Forum

Try D·V·D Fab Video Downloader and rip Netflix video! Or Try D·V·D Fab and copy Blu-rays! or rip iTunes movies!
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. i want to download stuff from espn 3 so i can watch them offline and was interested to know how can i do that? i tried a lot of progrems and non of them could capture the stream from the espn 3 web site.

is there a way to download from that site?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    ESPN is probably required by their contracts to make it as difficult as possible for you to capture their streams and to prevent you from downloading anything. In such cases commercial streaming media recorders are usually required rather than free ones. I'm thinking of something like Replay Video Capture.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    I just downloaded some video from the ESPN 3 website with StreamTransport.

It was a NHRA supernationals dragster race.

http://espn.go.com/espn3/player?id=187578&league=NHRA

That's about the only "sport" i am really into and it was the first thing that grabbed my attention so that's what i tried to grab

Not the fastest i have seen but YEAH BABY!!!!
    LOL!!

Click image for larger version

Name:	Smokin.jpg
Views:	272
Size:	147.7 KB
ID:	7243
    Last edited by Noahtuck; 6th Jun 2011 at 22:02.
    Quote Quote  
  4. i tried the progrem i dont know if im doing something wrong or what but i didnt manage to download from espn.

i did go into the game and when i started playing i pressed download to download the link but for some reason it sayd that it failed.

anybody can explain to me what is the problem and how can i fix this?how do i download from espn?
    Quote Quote  
  5. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Number05 View Post
    i tried the progrem i dont know if im doing something wrong or what but i didnt manage to download from espn.

i did go into the game and when i started playing i pressed download to download the link but for some reason it sayd that it failed.

anybody can explain to me what is the problem and how can i fix this?how do i download from espn?
    Give me the link to the EXACT page with the video on it you want.

Usually you open StreamTransport, then copy the URL from the webpage with the video on it you want then copy it into ST, then it gives you the option of what video to DL then you DL it.....

So i have no idea what you mean by...
    Originally Posted by Number05 View Post
    Last edited by Noahtuck; 8th Jun 2011 at 22:57.
    Quote Quote  
  6. what i do is this first i go in to streamtransport then put the address of http://www.espnplayer.com/espnplayer/console which is the web site and press start

then i need to log in so i do, then i go to pick a game on demand (some thing old not some thing live) then when i start to play the video it puts a link in the box under the video.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/94/stream1.jpg/

then i press the download button and it open a new window with the download and then it fails for some reason

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/23/stream2a.jpg/

do you understand what the problem is now?how can i fix this?
    Quote Quote  
  7. I'm having the same problem when trying to use StreamTransport... does anybody know of a way to fix this? Thanks!
    Quote Quote  
  8. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by swingr45 View Post
    I'm having the same problem when trying to use StreamTransport... does anybody know of a way to fix this? Thanks!
    StreamTransport doesn't always work. That's why I said you may have to buy something earlier in the thread. But if you want to try another free program first I've had some luck with StreamHijacker on things that StreamTransport can't get. But again, there are no guarantees that ANY free program will work with ESPN3.
    Quote Quote  
  9. I actually got StreamTransport to work. I think the problem was with the security verification of the stream. You just need to be pretty quick with starting the download of the stream after it initially loads. Thanks for the help guys!
    Quote Quote