VideoHelp Forum

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Consider supporting us by disable your adblocker or Try ConvertXtoDVD and convert all your movies to DVD. Free trial ! :)
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I know flash is low quality, usually anyway. Converting a flash video to watch on a tv screen would seem like it would be very choppy video, and low quality as well. Are there any software titles that do a decent job at converting flv to dvd (or i guess it would be .flv to .vob)?
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    If your dvd player support divx/xvid then just convert to it instead. With for example freemake video converter, xmedia recode.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    If you have a settop player that plays h264 mp4 files you may be able to get around reencoding them. Use gspot or mediainfo to see if the video you donwloaded is truly flash or not. If it says its h264 video instead of flash than you can use something like winff to remux them into a mp4 container. It is a lot faster than reencoding and the original quality is maintained since the video is not being converted.

You may run into some resolution problems if it is an odd size. Your player might not like it if its not a regular format like 320x240 or 480x480 or 720x480.

It won't work for EVERY video but check out the video inside the container and you may able to remux instead of reconvert.

Other than that Baldrick is correct you don't need to convert to dvd if you can play divx or xvid. Just remember most if not all dvd players only support standard definition resolutions (720x480) so if its a high def file it will need to be resized to sd.

I would also recommend format factory for the conversion - a very good software suite with multiple configuration options.
    Donatello - The Shredder? Michelangelo - Maybe all that hardware is for making coleslaw?
    Quote Quote