VideoHelp Forum

Try DVDFab and download streaming video, copy, convert or make Blu-rays,DVDs! Download free trial !
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 4 of 4
Thread
  1. I'm trying to convert a piece of xvid video I have to h264 in order to be able to append it to another piece of h264 video I have.
    I have tried to do it using virtualdubmod and I did get a resulting h264 video. However, when I append them together with mkvmerger, the program gives me an error about byte discrepancy. I take it the encoding options I used to encode that h264 were different from the piece I'm trying to append to. I tried to override that by using avimux (inside an mkv container) and while the resulting video plays, once the junction point comes the video shows a bunch of artifacts.
    What do I need to do to be able to encode that xvid to an h264 that will be compatible to append? Any tools that could read the encoding options used for a piece of h264 so I can encode the 2nd piece accordingly? And can I change all those options in the h264 used by Virtualdubmod or do I need a new h264 encoder?
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2000
    Location
    Sweden
    Search Comp PM
    Maybe easiest to just reconvert both with exact same settings.
    Quote Quote  
  3. I know that'd be the easiest way, but I'm completely opposed to a complete reencode because no matter how small I would lose some quality in the process and the thing I'm trying to append is only like 1% of the total video length. So I'd have to sacrifice a little quality on the remaining 99% and I'm really trying to avoid that.

    1) What parameter(s) would cause two h264 streams to not be able to be appended to each other?
    2) How can I identify which parameters in question are the ones that are different in my case?
    3) Can I modify those encoding parameters with the h264 codec that is available for Virtualdubmod or do I have to get a new encoder?
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member Intel Core i7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    albany, n.y.
    Search Comp PM
    Convert both to a dvd format to be able to pass over it. If you prefer sharing use quality brand blue-rays
    Quote Quote  



Similar Threads