VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hoping to get my just acquired WINTV-PVR-150NTSC 26582 to work with its with Aud/Vid composite input. Wanting to capture quality stereo audio to MPEG2 files like I’ve done withmy ATI TV Wonder 650 on another PC (But oh that is a crappy ATI MMC app that comes with it). Not interested in Win Vista MediaCtr app due to not capturing to MPEG format I can xfer to other PC’s etc..

I have the WinTV6 app already from an older PVR-250 card I owned and it launches fine with this newer PVR150 card. No setup screen allows me to choose this Composite input, it only plays frm the Coaxi nput. Possibly I should buy WinTV7 for$10 to solve this? Any other fairly simple apps I should consider for capturing viewing from either the Coax or Composite input this card offers?

Thanks lots for info here

Don in Wa state
    Last edited by flemingdl; 30th May 2011 at 09:25.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I also have the pvr 150 and wintv 7 will not work on wintv 150 card. Hauppauge told me before when i had a issue.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks Wizard, saves me the $10 and an hour of frustration(!). Do you use the composite input connections on your PVR150? (Red/Wht/Yellow jacks - tho may not be on all 150's - not sure..). If so, what app r u using?

Thx
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by flemingdl View Post
    Thanks Wizard, saves me the $10 and an hour of frustration(!). Do you use the composite input connections on your PVR150? (Red/Wht/Yellow jacks - tho may not be on all 150's - not sure..). If so, what app r u using?

Thx
    For the PVR-150 use WinTV6. If you don't have the CD, you still have to buy one from Hauppauge. The PVR-250 disc will work for downloading the latest version.

To get composite and S-Video inputs active you need to add them in setup - devices. Then they show as alternatives to scanned channels. I can't show the exact menus, I only have WinTV7 active at the moment.
    Last edited by edDV; 30th May 2011 at 17:56.
    Recommends: Kiva.org - Loans that change lives.
    http://www.kiva.org/about
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I'm using svideo was using the composite but didn't like the quality. Svideo looks way better.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Wizard23 View Post
    I'm using svideo was using the composite but didn't like the quality. Svideo looks way better.
    Yes, it should be.

Composite requires Y/C separation on the PVR-150. You need to be in composite mode in WinTV6.
    Recommends: Kiva.org - Loans that change lives.
    http://www.kiva.org/about
    Quote Quote  
  7. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by edDV View Post
    For the PVR-150 use WinTV6. If you don't have the CD, you still have to buy one from Hauppauge. The PVR-250 disc will work for downloading the latest version.
    No you don't....

https://forum.videohelp.com/threads/323351-Hauppauge-PVR-250-software-question?p=201277...=1#post2012771

Quote Quote