VideoHelp Forum

Try DVDFab and copy Ultra HD Blu-rays and DVDs! Or rip iTunes movies and music! Download free trial !
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 25 of 25
Thread
  1. Is there any way to capture the trailers that are streamed on the Itunes store? There are a TON of them from older movies that aren't available anywhere else and I'd LOVE to capture them. Anyone have any ideas?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member bat999's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by digitalfreaknyc View Post
    Is there any way to capture the trailers that are streamed on the Itunes store?
    Hi
    Do you mean the trailers that are on website __http://trailers.apple.com/ ?
    Quote Quote  
  3. No. I mean the trailers that you can watch when you're going to rent a movie.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member yoda313's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    The Animus
    Search Comp PM
    screen capture software - tunebite for example.
    Donatello - The Shredder? Michelangelo - Maybe all that hardware is for making coleslaw?
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by yoda313 View Post
    screen capture software - tunebite for example.
    Re-encoding is the only option? They're so compressed as it is
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member yoda313's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    The Animus
    Search Comp PM
    Unless they have a "download" option for the trailers I'm afraid it is. - edit - even then they will almost certainly be encrypted.

    Are you sure there aren't any trailers for these movies online elsewhere that might be able to be downloaded via other means?
    Donatello - The Shredder? Michelangelo - Maybe all that hardware is for making coleslaw?
    Quote Quote  
  7. Originally Posted by yoda313 View Post
    Unless they have a "download" option for the trailers I'm afraid it is. - edit - even then they will almost certainly be encrypted.

    Are you sure there aren't any trailers for these movies online elsewhere that might be able to be downloaded via other means?
    Yup. I'm talking about older trailers...Ferris Bueller...Backdraft...etc, etc. Every movie has one on there. A lot of these trailers have never even been included on the DVD editions.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member yoda313's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    The Animus
    Search Comp PM
    @digitalfreaknyc - I'd try looking a little harder next time-

    Both Ferris Bueller and backdraft have trailers on imdb.com. I'm sure a good deal more are on there as well.

    Whether or not imdb.com has implemented the newer rmpte protocols that make streamtransport useless I don't know. But I believe it is rtmpdump that works. There is a huge thread on the forum for downloading video off websites.

    Keep looking and I'm sure you'll find all your trailers online somewhere.

    But you may still need to do screen recording for some of them if you can't find alternate sources for them - or have trouble downloading them from a website.
    Donatello - The Shredder? Michelangelo - Maybe all that hardware is for making coleslaw?
    Quote Quote  
  9. Originally Posted by yoda313 View Post
    @digitalfreaknyc - I'd try looking a little harder next time-

    Both Ferris Bueller and backdraft have trailers on imdb.com. I'm sure a good deal more are on there as well.

    Whether or not imdb.com has implemented the newer rmpte protocols that make streamtransport useless I don't know. But I believe it is rtmpdump that works. There is a huge thread on the forum for downloading video off websites.

    Keep looking and I'm sure you'll find all your trailers online somewhere.

    But you may still need to do screen recording for some of them if you can't find alternate sources for them - or have trouble downloading them from a website.
    Those are just two examples. Trust me. They're not available, especially in this quality, elsewhere.

    And to prove my point, IMDB doesn't have the FB trailer. If you watch the link, it's got a Third Eye Blind song in the supposed "trailer."
    Quote Quote  
  10. CooJah with the option "Sniff All Network Apps" enabled finds the links but the files seem to be drm protected and only play on quicktime

    http://a424.v.phobos.apple.com/us/r1000/012/Video/81/3c/d6/mzm.wnjfsxwz..640x348.h264lc.D2.p.m4v
    Quote Quote  
  11. Originally Posted by k. View Post
    coojah with the option "sniff all network apps" enabled finds the links but the files seem to be drm protected and only play on quicktime

    http://a424.v.phobos.apple.com/us/r1000/012/video/81/3c/d6/mzm.wnjfsxwz..640x348.h264lc.d2.p.m4v
    i absolutely love you! Thank you!
    Now how do i get this to work? Everything is exclamation points and whatknot when I try to install. Is there an english versino of it?
    Last edited by digitalfreaknyc; 30th May 2011 at 18:03.
    Quote Quote  
  12. Member bat999's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Search Comp PM
    Hi
    The video in k's link downloaded ok using wget.
    And it plays for me in VLC.
    Quote Quote  
  13. Originally Posted by bat999 View Post
    Hi
    The video in k's link downloaded ok using wget.
    And it plays for me in VLC.
    What is "wget?"

    Coojah clearly doesn't work with my laptop. It CRASHES IE every time I install it and now, I keep getting "backup registry failed" when I try to open it. Any advice?
    Quote Quote  
  14. Member bat999's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by digitalfreaknyc View Post
    What is "wget?"
    It's a command-line program, a download manager.
    For Windows users there's a GUI version called WinWget.
    And also WinWget Portable.
    Quote Quote  
  15. Originally Posted by bat999 View Post
    Originally Posted by digitalfreaknyc View Post
    What is "wget?"
    It's a command-line program, a download manager.
    For Windows users there's a GUI version called WinWget.
    And also WinWget Portable.
    Did you use it on the Apple site?
    In other words, did you go through Itunes to try it with a different link?
    Quote Quote  
  16. OK just downloaded Winwget and it's all greek to me. I have no idea how to download stuff from Itunes using it.
    Quote Quote  
  17. Member bat999's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by digitalfreaknyc View Post
    Did you use it on the Apple site?
    In other words, did you go through Itunes to try it with a different link?
    No, I haven't got an iTunes account.

    I used k's link with Linux like this:-
    Code:
    wget http://a424.v.phobos.apple.com/us/r1000/012/Video/81/3c/d6/mzm.wnjfsxwz..640x348.h264lc.D2.p.m4v
    Maybe WinWget will do the same job with Windows.


    MediaInfo shows that the video is encrypted.

    mPlayer won't play it.
    But VLC v1.1.9 plays it OK.

    Complete name : mzm.wnjfsxwz..640x348.h264lc.D2.p.m4v
    Format : MPEG-4
    Codec ID : M4V
    File size : 35.8 MiB
    Duration : 3mn 1s
    Overall bit rate : 1 652 Kbps
    Encoded date : UTC 2008-07-15 04:30:07
    Tagged date : UTC 2008-07-15 04:30:08

    Video

    ID : 1
    Format : AVC
    Format/Info : Advanced Video Codec
    Format profile : Baseline@L3.0
    Format settings, CABAC : No
    Format settings, ReFrames : 1 frame
    Codec ID :
    drmi
    Duration : 3mn 1s
    Bit rate mode : Variable
    Bit rate : 1 535 Kbps
    Maximum bit rate : 64 bps
    Width : 640 pixels
    Height : 348 pixels
    Display aspect ratio : 16:9
    Frame rate mode : Constant
    Frame rate : 23.976 fps
    Color space : YUV
    Chroma subsampling : 4:2:0
    Bit depth : 8 bits
    Scan type : Progressive
    Bits/(Pixel*Frame) : 0.287
    Stream size : 33.2 MiB (93%)
    Language : English
    Encoded date : UTC 2008-07-15 04:30:07
    Tagged date : UTC 2008-07-15 04:30:08
    Color primaries : BT.601-6 525, BT.1358 525, BT.1700 NTSC, SMPTE 170M
    Transfer characteristics : BT.709-5, BT.1361
    Matrix coefficients : BT.601-6 525, BT.1358 525, BT.1700 NTSC, SMPTE 170M

    Audio

    ID : 2
    Format : AAC
    Format/Info : Advanced Audio Codec
    Format profile : LC
    Codec ID : 40
    Duration : 3mn 1s
    Bit rate mode : Constant
    Bit rate : 113 Kbps
    Nominal bit rate : 128 Kbps
    Channel(s) : 2 channels
    Channel positions : Front: L R
    Sampling rate : 44.1 KHz
    Bit depth : 16 bits
    Compression mode : Lossy
    Stream size : 2.44 MiB (7%)
    Language : English
    Encoded date : UTC 2008-07-15 04:30:07
    Tagged date : UTC 2008-07-15 04:30:08
    Encryption : iTunes
    Last edited by bat999; 30th May 2011 at 20:14.
    Quote Quote  
  18. If I knew the links for each of the files, I would be able to use any number of programs to download it. However, you won't know unless you have a program like Coojah.
    Quote Quote  
  19. Member bat999's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by digitalfreaknyc View Post
    If I knew the links for each of the files, I would be able to use any number of programs to download it.
    You've got one link now from k, so go ahead.
    Quote Quote  
  20. Originally Posted by bat999 View Post
    Originally Posted by digitalfreaknyc View Post
    If I knew the links for each of the files, I would be able to use any number of programs to download it.
    You've got one link now from k, so go ahead.
    LOL...i'm looking to download dozens of trailers. That one link is just the start of this project. I love trailers and they seldom include them any more.
    Quote Quote  
  21. Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2020
    Location
    Prague 5
    Search PM
    And what about HD or FHD version, which is probably played in iTunes iself (iOS or tvOS) ?
    Quote Quote  
  22. Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    United States
    Search Comp PM
    VideoHelp's rules have changed since this thread began. If you mean that you want to save HD or FHD versions of trailers and/or full videos in unencrypted form rather than the encrypted file downloads that iTunes supports, that sort of discussion is forbidden under the current AUP.
    Ignore list: hello_hello, tried, TechLord, Snoopy329
    Quote Quote  
  23. Originally Posted by usually_quiet View Post
    VideoHelp's rules have changed since this thread began. If you mean that you want to save HD or FHD versions of trailers and/or full videos in unencrypted form rather than the encrypted file downloads that iTunes supports, that sort of discussion is forbidden under the current AUP.
    Would you please identify the paragraph, section, or subsection of the "current AUP" that forbids the discussion of downloading trailers?

    This was posted after the last revision date of the "current AUP". That's your cue, or lingyi's cue, to get your busybodyness on and "alert the mods".
    Quote Quote  
  24. Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    United States
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by blimey View Post
    Originally Posted by usually_quiet View Post
    VideoHelp's rules have changed since this thread began. If you mean that you want to save HD or FHD versions of trailers and/or full videos in unencrypted form rather than the encrypted file downloads that iTunes supports, that sort of discussion is forbidden under the current AUP.
    Would you please identify the paragraph, section, or subsection of the "current AUP" that forbids the discussion of downloading trailers?

    This was posted after the last revision date of the "current AUP". That's your cue, or lingyi's cue, to get your busybodyness on and "alert the mods".
    AUP mentions iTunes specifically as a site that we can't help people download/record from but just in case I just asked a mod to decide. Another good question is, if I am in the wrong, why didn't you ask a mod to reprimand me, buttinski?
    Last edited by usually_quiet; 14th Oct 2020 at 15:29.
    Ignore list: hello_hello, tried, TechLord, Snoopy329
    Quote Quote  
  25. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2000
    Location
    Sweden
    Search Comp PM
    Downloading free trailers is okey
    Quote Quote  



Similar Threads