VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks to the VideoHelp Forum. I have to say that is a great forum and I have learn a lot from this Forum.

I been using TAW since version 3. It was one of the great DVD Authoring software. Now I'm making a DVD Document project and which is require me to add my own Button in TAW4 but I can't figure it out how to do it.

Instead of Play, Chapter Menu and Setup buttons...I want to add more buttons like Credit, Special Thanks or Photo Gallery...in the same menu page with Play, Chapter Menu and Setup....

I used to work with this software for quite a long time already I really love this software a lot especially its Menu. But now because of the menu my work is stuck.... I can't even change the software because all my subtitle are made with TAW4 can't use with other software. Please someone help me to solve this problem.

Thanks in advanced!!!
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I do not use TAW for DVD creation, but this is a tutorial for Custom menu for TAW4.

http://tmpgenc.pegasys-inc.com/en/product/taw4_tutorial/taw4_tu_menu03.html

Hope it helps
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks of the link. Unfortunately there is only a default button....I can not add my own button.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Did you see this similar thread? https://forum.videohelp.com/threads/320573-TMPGenc-Authoring-Works-4-Import-custom-Buttons

It appears it is possible to create custom buttons using a graphics program, and import them into TAW4. However, if the actions for the new buttons don't match pre-defined actions TAW4 has available for buttons, then you will have to do this project using different authoring software.

You can re-use some of your work if you need to use a different authoring program. Get as close as you can to what you want using TAW4, then author the DVD. Demultiplex the audio, video and subtitles into elementary streams. These can then be imported into another authoring program for re-authoring. You can also use screenshots from the menus that you now have as the basis for creating new menus.

GUI for dvdauthor is a freeware authoring program that permits a great deal of customization. It is not template driven or as easy to use as TAW4, but that is the price of having more freedom. You will need to supply the graphics for buttons and menus. There are paid programs that can do this too, but most are professional tools that are no easier to use than GFD and not inexpensive either.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Create a button in photoshop, save as psd but using 8 bits,I create mine 6x4 300 dpi, looks great, save in one layer, no background (do not flatten). Now while on your menu, double click on the buttom at twa 4, then choose the file you created, that's all. This is an old thread, but may be someone needs the answer while searching the web, hope this helps
    Quote Quote