VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I am having a big annoying problem with google on ie 9 and firefox. On ie 9 when i search google i cannot hit search nothing happens when i hit im feeling lucky google searches for me. For fixefox i can search fine but every so few minutes the box comes up and tells me to type the letters in the box to finish my search. Its so annoying It happens on the second search and so on. Does any have a fix for this or came across this problem like me? I left a picture so you can see what I'm talking about.
    Image Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	google problem.jpg
Views:	430
Size:	33.8 KB
ID:	6896  

Quote Quote  
  2. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    I have never had this happen and i use google on a daily basis.

Did you read the little part about unusual traffic from your computer and click the little link where it say's "Why did this happen?" and see what it said ?
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Yes i did and it said it will expire shorty. When it expires once i research the box pops ups again. I did read the terms but im not sure what to do with the terms or stop the box.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Sounds like you have a trojan that has hijacked your system. Download Malwarebytes and run it in safe mode.

Install Avast and Superantispyware.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Yeah i was thinking the same thing, but his answer to my question really did not make sense so i just let it go......
    Quote Quote  
  6. Yep definitely sound like your system is infected and sending our requests to the net that you aren't even aware of. Malwarebytes, SuperAntiSpyware and maybe even Combofix would be a good idea for you. Install, update and do a full scan.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I had avira free installed on my system. I went back to avast home thinking avira was the issue all along. I hope avast doesn't have that issue. I will let you guys know if avast fixed the issue or not.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I kept getting a trojan while surfing using Google that Avast never caught. It kept throwing pop-up pages faster than I could stop them without shutting down the PC like way back around 2000. The only way that I could get rid of it was with Malwarebytes in safemode. I haven't seen it in over a month so either Avast is now catching it or Google did something to prevent it.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I been doing alot of searching on google since i reinstalled avast home. So far no page came up as the image i pasted before. I will let you guys knows if it returns today with avast or not. I do use google alot like almost every hour.
    Quote Quote  
  10. While it may very well be some sort of malware on your computer, and you should definitely monitor symptoms and your protection software closely, this is also a problem that crops up randomly with Google (especially if you have any direct dealings with them like a gmail account or membership in a Google Group). It has happened to me more than once, on both Windows and Mac, and friends/family have confirmed they get it occasionally as well. It seems Google sometimes just gets really sloppy or really aggressive with their traffic monitoring, and once in a while innocent users get caught in their crosshairs for a few days. The syndrome can be triggered by clicking too quickly from link to link, especially within a Google Group. Generally it goes away on its own, usually within two weeks which is the limit of their cookie reset/expiration (something in Google-related cookies can get corrupted and cause this, one or two specific cookies are the most reported causes but I can't remember the names). Sometimes deleting all Google-related cookies and restarting the computer fixes it, sometimes you just have to wait it out. Running SpyBot Search-And-Destroy helped once.

If it doesn't go away within two weeks or keeps coming back, you might have a serious malware infection.
    Quote Quote