VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I copied a karaoke VCD on my computer long time back and at that time, I believe I had Windows Media player 9 which had option to play one channel or the other (so that I can cancel the vocals).
    I now have Win 7 which comes with WMP 12..which does not have channel support (nor the Balance control so that I can at least shift that to left and just play the music. I tried to download Realplayer..same thing.

I was looking for a free software which gives me ability to play the karaoke track with the lyrics and music only. Is there something available for Win 7?
    Is there any software I can use to rip and remove the vocals?

Thanks
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    It's been a question asked so many times ... as with most of these things the vocals are combined with music ... a blend ... it's possible to reduce the vocals but not remove them from stereo audio files.

A bit more technical info here

If using audacity you need to use EQ'ing filter to remove certain frequencies.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by tsrusa2002 View Post
    had option to play one channel or the other (so that I can cancel the vocals).
    Then you have audio on one side and vocals on the other. Audacity can also fix that problem. Delete one side(left or right), copy the remaining music channel to the side you just deleted.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Try with another player like Media Player Classic (MPC or MPC-HC) and/or standalone filter AC3Filter or FFDShow Audio Decoder. You will able to specify and save some configs with their audio mixer (AC3Filter and FFDShow Audio Decoder).
    For example I save "SuperBass" and "Default" when I need more Bass and it is possible to switch between my settings with their notified icons (near date and time)
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I now have Win 7 which comes with WMP 12..which does not have channel support (nor the Balance control so that I can at least shift that to left and just play the music.
    That's pretty crazy. I don't have Win7, but I cant believe it doesn't have a balance control. (Which should be system-wide, not part of a player.)

Right-click in the volume icon in the system tray, or look in the control panel, there should be an audio icon. Maybe there are "advanced" options that Microsoft is "helpfully" concealing.
    Quote Quote  
  6. I tried the Media Player classic to change the AC3 filter setting..to say Channel 1 or Channel 2...but no affect to the karaoke. It was still playing the vocal track. I think if I have a player with balance, I can move the balance to Left and vocal part will go away.
    I will try audacity, but not sure if it works for MPEG DAT files.. I think it has a balance control though.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    These are my settings for AC3Filter :

Main Tab :
    Only "Preset" is concerned.

Mixer Tab :
    "Gains" all 0 (null)
    "Options" all unticked

Click image for larger version

Name:	AC3Filter_Properties.jpg
Views:	645
Size:	185.4 KB
ID:	6882

1) Output format : 2/0 - stereo and PCM 16bit
    2) Matrix :
    Input channels are L, R, C, SL, SR, Sub and LFE (Left, Right, Center, etc.)
    Output channels are L', R', etc.
    3) Matrix preset

Our wish is to select the channel(s) we want to hear. How it works ?
    Enter a number assuming 0 is for null output and 1 for 100% (negative value are possible for some reasons like removing common sounds or accentuating difference).
    Our wish is the following I want to hear in the X' output channel the X input channel from source.

L'=L=1 AND R'=R=1 OTHERS=0 (null) ->Save as "NORMAL" in "Matrix preset" AND "Main Tab->Preset"

For VCD Karaoke I want LEFT channel
    L'=L=1 AND R'=L=1 OTHERS=0 (null) ->Save as "LEFT" in "Matrix preset" AND "Main Tab->Preset"

For VCD Karaoke I want RIGHT channel
    L'=R=1 AND R'=R=1 OTHERS=0 (null) ->Save as "RIGHT" in "Matrix preset" AND "Main Tab->Preset"

To switch between presets, play you VCD with MPC and go to the AC3Filter notification Tray and Right-Click on "LEFT" or "RIGHT" or "NORMAL" to hear want happens.

Name:  AC3Filter_Notif.jpg
Views: 10447
Size:  33.4 KB
    Quote Quote  
  8. Nothing happens. I configured. First off all, even after chosing AC3 filter as extenal filters in MPC...it does not show up in my System tray or does not show up when I right click on the video frame. But..even is I open the AC3 configurator from program menu. start MPC and play the Song..I changed to Left/Right..nothing happens to how the track plays.
    I do want to tell you that I have Win 7. So may the version of AC3 is not supported for Win 7.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Disable-Untick in MPC "internal filters->Source Filters and Transform filters" MPEG Audio, DTS/AC3, LPCM.

Go to AC3Filter configuration from Menu and "System Tab"->"Use AC3Filter" tick all and "Filter merit"->"Prefer AC3Filter"

Ok You have Win 7 and I'm with XP but it worked I did it for a friend who's got Win 7. These "tweaks" work with MPC or MPC-HC
    Quote Quote  
  10. Finally..got it working...thanks Buddy
    Quote Quote  
  11. Oops, nevermind.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Finally..got it working...thanks Buddy
    Well, good. But I don't get how AC3filter works at all, since VCDs use MP2, not AC3. And are only two channels, left and right.

Does AC3filter have a general audio mixer control?
    Quote Quote  
  13. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Yes MPEG Audio is decoded by system as mentioned by AC3Filter author and it takes the audio output signal to its processor and then to the sound card. AC3Filter has a matrix mixer and general audio mixer for each channel.
    Quote Quote